Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

MC...if this scenario were true, your comments about legitimate questions, making a case and speculation sounds like the boys would be wise to hire you as their attorney to handle the job.

As a viewer these awards are always inspiring. It must be awesome to be the recipient of the honor.It is long over due. I am a Led Zeppelin fan but thought the Eagles should have been there first. Congratulations to The Eagles.

My thoughts are that Randy, Bernie and Don may not be presenters but are part of the on stage ensemble some how (maybe not Don).

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

As far as I can remember, there is no presentation of the medals, and the inductees do not get on stage. Am I remembering it correctly? I believe the medals are given the night before, and presented by the Secretary of State?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

You are right, VA. The Secretary Of State present them their medal the night before and then the president honors them the same day as the taping.

Here's a little example of what we can will expect when they honored the guys.

Here's Billy Joel's tribute.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-JFdEJS7Gg[/ame]

Banned

Thanks for all your explanations VA. I appreciate your efforts but I'm an awful cynic.

They've let in Billy Joel and the live members of The Who and Led Zeppelin. Great as they are, they have many peers in the music industry. IMHO.

It just looks like a high brow TV Awards show to me. Sorry if that insulting but I'm never-the-less pleased that The Eagles are deemed worthy of such an exclusive honour.

Lastly, you're giving me the impression that the Kennedy Honours Induction is run by a dictatorship. Would the Eagles approve of such an organisation?

Stuck on the Border

Well two members of the Eagles would approve of a benign dictatorship over a failed democracy.

I'm not that keen on Billy Joel, so the tribute to him was a bit cheesy but I found Heart's tribute to Led Zeppelin on youtube and that was pretty emotional.

ETA: Steve Martin's intro for Paul Simon could almost stand for the Eagles. Very funny.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 07-17-2015 at 07:24 AM.

In echoing the sentiments of other Borderers, does it bother me a little that only the current four will be recognized for a 40+ years legacy? Yes.

Is there anything I can do about it? Hell to the no.

So, I'll just sit back and appreciate the fact that they are receiving this prestigious award.

Geaux Eagles!!!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I am delighted that they have been nominated for this award. The more honours they get the better. Hopefully it will encourage them to continue touring, perhaps after Don Henley is done with his October promotional tour for Cass County
    Last edited by Glennsallnighter; 07-17-2015 at 10:15 AM.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm like you, Lisa. I'm just happy the Eagles are receiving the honor. I don't care who is included. Don H., Glenn, Joe, and Tim have been there the longest, so this group is good for me. As for Bernie and Randy, they quit the band years ago themselves and Don F. was fired, so I understand why they weren't included.

I also agree with whoever said they thought the Eagles should have made it before Led Zeppelin. They are America's band.

Can't wait for the whole shebang!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

You probably all received this in your mailbox but just in case you didn't, I'll copy it here. Don't know how to make it smaller?

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2015...-was-rise.html

EAGLES TO RECEIVE 38th ANNUAL KENNEDY CENTER HONORS

The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts announced that the Eagles will be among 6 honorees who will receive the 2015 Kennedy Center Honors. The Honors Gala will be recorded for broadcast on the CBS Network for the 38th consecutive year as a two-hour primetime special on Tuesday, December 29 at 9:00 p.m.

"We are deeply grateful to have been named a Kennedy Center honoree. The members of the Eagles hail from different regions of this great nation and we feel very fortunate that our music has been embraced by people from all walks of life, all over the world. Popular music is one of America's greatest exports – a bridge that spans geographical and cultural boundaries. We are truly humbled to have been able to be a part of this global connection. Many thanks to our fans, our fellow artists and the Kennedy Center for this recognition.
    ~ EAGLES
    DON HENLEY’S FIRST SOLO ALBUM IN 15 YEARS
    CASS COUNTY
    TO BE RELEASED SEPTEMBER 25, 2015

Don Henley will release Cass County, his fifth studio album, and first solo album in 15 years, on September 25, 2015. Named for the northeastern Texas county in which Henley was raised, Cass County will be available as a 12- song standard CD and digital album, as well as a 16-track deluxe version and 180 gram Vinyl LP. A full track listing can be seen HERE and a sneak peek of the album can be watched HERE.

NPR’s “All Songs Considered” premieres “Take A Picture Of This" and “That Old Flame” (featuring Martina McBride) today at NPR All Songs Considered. Pre-order Cass County now on iTunes and receive both tracks instantly.

Visit Don Henley’s official Online Store and pre-order the Cass County Deluxe CD, Deluxe Vinyl and Super Deluxe Vinyl Book, including a 50 -page booklet with exclusive photos, collector postcards, deluxe CD album, and deluxe Vinyl (2-Disc 180 Gram). A limited number of bundles are also available, including a Cass County T-shirt and 12X12 lithograph. The first one hundred Cass County Super Deluxe Vinyl Books ordered will be signed by Don Henley.

Don Henley will also launch a solo tour of North America in October 2015. Each ticket ordered for any of the tour dates will receive a Cass County deluxe CD. Full tour details will be announced shortly.

Q
    © 2013 Eagles