Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Ok. I know Bernie, Randy or Don will not be part of this honor. Heck I knew that when they first announced the guys being honorees and even some of the articles said the current member, but I also know their will be footage of those three in the video montage to talk about the history of the Eagles. Believe me. I wasn't upset about that. Heck. Before the HOTE documentary, I only knew of both Dons, Glenn, Timothy and Joe. SO I wasn't upset about the other three not part of it. I knew it will only be Don, Glenn, Timothy and Joe. Plus I'm one of the ones who was soo happy they finally got this honoree even though I didn't know how big and special this award was even though I've been watch KCH for years. This award is very well deserve for the guys.

Am I the only person who knows about the small video montage they do before the tribute performance. They do that with all the honorees. Its even shown in Billy's video I posted. They have to talk about the former members and how they came to what they are now in the video.

I've been saying that's the only time we will see or hear their names during the video montage. You have to remember, the presenter who will talk about the Eagles history has to say something about Randy, Bernie, and Don F or show clips of them in that video. Its like let's skip all the albums between Eagles LP and even HFO and go straight to LROOF and today. You just can't do that. I know they will talk about HFO because that's when they got back together 14 years after they broke up. I know that will be video montage package. So they will probably see Don F in a clip from that era. You know they are going to talk about HC. So Randy will probably be seen in a clip from the 70s about HC unless they do a current clip.

SO unless the people who put together the video montage before the guest performers sing leave everything out from 1972 to 1994, I do expect to see those guys in the video montage. Yes I know they are not being honored, but I have a feeling they can't leave them out when it comes to how they form in that video montage.

Does anybody understand what I'm saying now about the video package? That's what I've been trying to explain for a while. I know they won't be in the biographies on the website or in article, but I know they won't be left out of the video montage during the ceremony.
    Yes, of course I understand, as I've been saying kind of the same thing. I just wanted to make it more clear for those who are not familiar with the event or not understand English all that well that being mentioned is not the same as receiving the medal. Also, there's no guarantee everyone can view the videos, or understand all that is said (or even have time to watch the videos). I've watched all the shows as they were aired, and I can honestly say that other than watching Henley sing at Billy Joel's induction, I've never gone back and re-watched any of them and I don't plan to.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

We're all speculating and speculating and speculating and while that's fun, criticizing or justifying what might be said, what might be shown, and what might happen seems to be getting ahead of oneself. We'll all see soon enough.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Part of the problem is that it's not soon! Normally I don't mind them being announced so far ahead of time, but this wait will be forever. At least for me, once we get to November time will fly.
    VK

I know, VA. Its the waiting. 4 or 5 months until KCH. Once they do the celebration, we will find out who will pay tribute to them. I'm so glad they have articles of the celebration weeks before the broadcast. I don't know how I can hang 3 weeks until we get to see the broadcast.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I think that once Cass County is released, then for me, time wilk fly. It's the wait for both it and the Kennedy Center Honors that makes time move soo slllooowww. Lol
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Goran, none of them are being inducted individually. It is the "Eagles" that is being inducted. Bernie, Randy and Don F. will be acknowledged as former members (who everyone knows contributed significantly.)

What you are talking about is who will be sitting in those seats on that night. Since the RRHoF ceremony, Don Felder HAS SUED the band, and the litigation is still going on, so there is NO WAY IN HECK that he will be there. Don and Glenn would not attend if the organizers required that Felder be invited. So right there, you don't have the full set of 7 guys. Then you're looking at 6 of the 7 - how does that make sense? It makes the most sense to have the current members of the band present. When Bernie and Randy quit the band, they forfeited future fun events. They were privileged to be included in the RRHoF ceremony, they didn't have the right to be included.
    Bernie still in band, so how can you say forfeited future events? Also disagree Bernie, Randy and Don F. had every right to be included in RRHOF. I no understand why people think current members more important than original and earlier members.

Quote Originally Posted by GoranV View Post
    Bernie still in band, so how can you say forfeited future events? Also disagree Bernie, Randy and Don F. had every right to be included in RRHOF. I no understand why people think current members more important than original and earlier members.
    Goran, you must not be reading all the posts here. They did deserve RRHOF. This, though, is a lifetime achievement, not a few years. Bernie is not in the band, he's touring as a special guest.
    VK

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honourees

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Fantastic! Sounds like it will be the current members only.
    I'm happy for the fellas getting this much-deserved honor, but it would be so great if they could include Randy and Bernie. Randy is probably not able to perform anymore but just to be able to sit with the band while they are lauded would be a beautiful thing, especially since Randy couldn't participate in the History tour.

Banned

Anybody questioning whether the Eagles are high art (whatever that is) mustn't be aware of the their ticket prices they command.

This article, I read on L&M's Eagles Fast Lane site, examines the effect that TV and pop culture in general, has had on the The Kennedy Center Honours.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/entert...5d7_story.html

As an Eagles fan I found this sentence, from the article, a little biting;

The Honors should return to what they were in the beginning, primarily focused on the live, performing arts, makers who are not primarily engaged in packaging and repackaging commercial, corporate entertainment products
    It's an unavoidable consequence of honouring more people, that the honour, overtime, becomes less exclusive.

Thanks, F50. I read this at work on Friday, and added my comment to the article at the end. Jackasses.
    VK