Page 17 of 86 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    It's just a hunch but if Felder get's invited, I think he could be the only Eagle in attendance.
    Would he really have the gall to accept an honour on behalf of the Eagles after publicly slagging them off for the last 10 years or so?
    F50, you read my mind. I thought the exact same thing.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurette767 View Post
    Are you aware there's a petition out there on Change.Org that's asking the Kennedy Center to reconsider including past Eagles members? And that Don Felder Tweeted it yesterday? Are you kidding me? What do you think of this petition?
    I've no problem with someone starting a petition but Felder posting it on his Facebook page isn't such a good idea. It's just a magnet to Felder fans who want to bitch.

Out on the Border

I was shocked to see that Don Felder tweeted that. Frankly, I don't think he seriously believes that the Kennedy Center committee will change their minds; so to me, this is a very illuminating action from him, and very provocative. He's just doing this to taint the honor for FHW&S. This is sooo messed up.

I get it. He created some musical history with the Eagles that's not to be denied; but with this action he's creating a new history for himself. Rather than people remembering his contributions, he's starting to look petty, foolish and desperate. Does this man have a publicist? WTHeck???

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurette767 View Post
    Does this man have a publicist? WTHeck???
    It's all publicity for him. If he's lucky, it gets picked up by the local media wherever he's playing next. I think he also likes to be told how he made the Eagles and what jerks Frey and Henley are.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

If anyone wants to read more about the petition, here's an article about it.
    http://www.noise11.com/news/eagles-f...onors-20150804
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

All the past aside, I think they should all be honored at the Kennedy Center. They all contributed to the Eagles in one form or another.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    It's just a hunch but if Felder get's invited, I think he could be the only Eagle in attendance.
    Would he really have the gall to accept an honour on behalf of the Eagles after publicly slagging them off for the last 10 years or so?
    Interesting to say the least. But I don't see the KCH selection committee caving to a change.org petition, especially in terms of Don Felder since he just can't seem to stop his mouth from running off about the bad blood. Likewise, I can't believe the committee isn't aware of it! IMO, his behavior on 'the issue' thru the years qualifies as "conduct unbecoming" a recipient of the elite KCH.

And Felder's publicist is probably getting tired of trying to do any damage control for a client who has a gigantic chip on his shoulder and showed incredible bad judgment by posting it on his own Twitter page. As UTW said, it's all about publicity...and in extremely poor taste.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Banned

I think it probably makes good business sense for Felder to continually emphasize his Eagles attributes. Jack Tempchin and JD Souther certainly benefit from their Eagles associations too.

Hell Froze Over, 14 years after the Eagles first split, 14 years after Felder was jettisoned, Hell's still burning as furiously it ever was, as far as I can see.

It's great to see the Eagles being nominated for honours and awards but I'd much prefer to see them in the news for producing new music.

Stuck on the Border

For Led Zeppelin, the KC tribute ended with an emotional performance of Stairway to Heaven which honoured John Bonham, even though he wasn't a formal honouree and it was very touching. However, it made me realise what a difficult problem the show organisers have with Hotel California. It's the best known Eagles song but it's also the one most closely associated with Don Felder. It's awkward if it's included and awkward if it's not.

In an ideal world, all members, past and present, would be included but only if there was confidence that they could be in the same room and be not only civil but look relaxed and friendly. Such a reconcililation is a delicate thing and following the documentary, I believe they're at that point with Glenn, Don H, Bernie and Randy. Of course, Felder is a different matter.

Felder made a bad choice in promoting the petition - you can't be seen to be campaigning for an honour. Perhaps he should have primed a friendly journalist to ask him about it and then he could have (humbly) admitted that while he'd love to be honoured, he really thinks it's more appropriate for Bernie and Randy as founders. If the journalist pressed him, he could agree that he wrote the music for HC, their most successful song... you know how it goes.

Border Troubadour

I really don't think Felder could even feign humility, he comes across as so narcissistic.

...and as for campaigning to be honoured himself...I'm afraid that while he was blessed with magic in his fingers, he has marbles in his head.

Personally, I think it must have been a conundrum for the committee but I'm sure I read something in the citation about the 'ongoing' or 'continued' good work that the honorees do, so maybe it's because the current crop are still packing in the crowds and keeping the name alive that only they are nominated.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...