Page 52 of 86 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

I was just on KCH website. It looks like they will do a live feed of the red carpet this Sunday at 6:00pm eastern on Facebook. Probably on the John F. Kennedy Center of Performing Arts facebook page.

I wonder if the guys will show up on the red carpet. I would guess so since they are honorees.

Here's the Kennedy Center facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/KennedyCenter/?fref=ts

Stuck on the Border

The writer of the Washington Post article (see the pres thread) clarified a few points in the comments.
    There's no indication Deborah Rutter decided which band members would be honored. She told me it was decided after she got direction from Irving Azoff, the band's manager. I hope that's clear in the article.
    One thing to note: I spoke to Leadon. He said he was not upset with the Eagles or their management. I could not reach Meisner. He has been in poor health. Felder declined several requests to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    The writer of the Washington Post article (see the pres thread) clarified a few points in the comments.

So Felder is the bitter one if he declined to comment.

Its nice to see Bernie was indifferent.

I figure Bernie wouldn't be upset. He was probably happy just to be part of the HOTE tour the last 2 years and even being part of the Grammys salute to Glenn.

I can understanding them not being able to get in touch with Randy because the guy is going through a lot right now. He doesn't have the time or energy to be mad about not being included. He's got more things on his plate right now.

Stuck on the Border

Bernie seems to be such a grounded person. He's focusing on the warmth of his final interaction with Glenn. He got out when he wanted and then had this final tour to relive the music and the glory (and set up a nice pension fund, too).

I don't know that Felder is bitter. He may have decided that it's better to remain silent than to feed the controversy. Good for him.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Thank you, UtW. Very sad.

The White House reception might be live on CSPAN or come on later. I'm trying to find the time for it come on. They did it last year.

I'm getting so excited for this weekend. The guys are going to be very busy with luncheons, dinners and ceremonies.

I wonder if the guys will be wearing a bowtie or a tie. I only seen Joe and Don in a bowtie, but not Timothy.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-29-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I am getting excited about this too! I will be in NYC visiting Henley Honey so hopefully we can catch some of the festivities on tv.

And I enjoyed the Washington Post article though it breaks my heart to think of everything Glenn had to endure in his later years. I always thought of him as invincible.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I am excited too! I hope we can see some of it somehow!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I like how Bernie didn't say he was upset giving that he just toured for 3 years with the band and couldn't find anything to complain about