Page 53 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I like how Bernie didn't say he was upset giving that he just toured for 3 years with the band and couldn't find anything to complain about
    Bernie is always cool these days - above all the friction. He wasn't in the 70's, but he seems to be now.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Am I the only one who got an ominous vibe that a journalist from the Washington Post (i.e. not someone you're likely to blow off) wasn't able to contact Randy? I hope he's alright.

If Bernie says he's not upset about the snub, I believe him. But if he were upset, I hardly think he would be saying so to the press.

I'm glad Don F didn't comment. Anything he said would probably misconstrued or blown out of proportion.

It is a bit worrisome to me that Randy couldn't be reached for comment.

ETA: NMB, looks like we have the same thoughts about Randy

Stuck on the Border

Yes, even if Bernie was upset, he wouldn't be talking about it in public. I respect that very much.

Here's an interesting article that Washington Post think who should serenade all of the honorees on Sunday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3a69a4a10f8b

Eagles
    Emotional: Deacon Frey. The late Glenn Frey’s son is reportedly talented in his own right and a ringer for his dad on “Peaceful Easy Feeling.”
    Obvious: Jackson Browne. He co-wrote the band’s iconic 1972 hit, “Take It Easy,” and stood in as the singer when the surviving Eagles performed a tribute to Frey at last year’s Grammys.
    Unexpected: Rihanna. You won’t need a band. Let her loose, a cappella, on “Desperado.” Save the hanky you used to wipe the tears after Deacon. They’ll be flowing like the Nile.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

You know what would be thrilling: Barry Gibb doing "One of These Nights". The Bee Gees seemed to influence the song, so having Barry do it would bring it full circle.

I have wondered if it was the other way around--maybe the Eagles influenced The Bee Gees.

Well today starts all the festivities in DC. The guys and their families probably arrived yesterday. From what I read on Wikipedia, they have a luncheon with the Chairman of KCH board of trustees sometime today and the guys getting their ribbons tonight held by the State Department presiding over by Secretary of State. We have the White House reception(which will be posted on youtube) and then the gala performance and dinner after.

I can't believe the special weekend is finally here. I just wish Glenn was alive to be part of it.

I'm glad we get to see who's there on the red carpet tomorrow and somebody at the White House will post the little reception for the honorees either sometime that night or the next day.

Yes, the live feed is cool. Don, Joe, and Timothy don't always do the red carpet but perhaps this time....

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I can see Joe doing it(I've seen a few pictures of Joe on the red carpet), but I don't know about Don and Timothy(Timothy might do it).

They did it for HOTE, they might do it for this. I saw pictures from the Red Carpet for the last two years and the honorees did walk the Red Carpet. Even with their families.

Maybe this one they will do it.