Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don's Tour for Cass County

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Don's Tour for Cass County

I thought I'd open this thread for all general discussion of the upcoming tour. Individual threads for each tour stop will be opened, but this is a good place to talk about the tour dates in general.

Here are the announced places (so far):

Don Henley will launch a solo tour in October 2015 that will include concerts in Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Durham, NC; Los Angeles, CA; Nashville, TN; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Port Chester, NY; San Francisco, CA; Santa Barbara, CA; Toronto, ON and Washington, D.C. Singer-songwriter Shawn Colvin will open on all the dates. Each ticket ordered for any of the tour dates will receive a Cass County deluxe CD. Full tour details will be announced shortly.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Don's Tour for Cass County

Last month, I joked that if Don came to Atlanta, I'd be willing to take a Greyhound bus to get up there to see him. (3+ hour trip up there). I'll have to see in a few weeks if I even have a slim chance of coming up with bus, food, and hotel money plus ticket money. With my birthday money in September, I just might have enough.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

With Don's tour starting the same month as my vacation, I probably won't be able to go to Nashville or Atlanta. But the only time I can go to any other city if: Chicago is the last week of October into the first week of November(I'll be in Missouri that week and I can drive to Chicago) OR they announced more cities. Heck I will go to any cities close to Missouri if there are more cities to be announced. I hope there's more cities. Maybe Don is only doing 15 cities to promote his album.

I'm hoping this is just the first leg, so to speak,
    VK

I hope so, VA.

Its funny that I'm seeing my other favorite group in Branson, MO the last week of October, but if I find out Don is near me that week I'm on vacation, I would drop everything, and drive to whatever city that's close. I love the Osmonds, but Don comes first since I've never seen him in concert and I've been seeing the Osmonds in Branson, MO since 2009.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I hope that he decides to do more dates. I checked the greyhound site. A round trip ticket is cheaper than I thought. ($40). My mom didn't think that the local bus terminal was still in business, but it is.

My mom said that she'd be willing to go if it's anywhere, but Atlanta. I'd much rather pay for 2 tickets and have her drive than to take a bus, which is something I've never done before.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I hope there are more dates, meaning St. Louis! Please, please Don! I don't really want to have to go to Chicago.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

This is very exciting!! I've never seen Henley in concert only the Eagles in the 90s. Now I live closest to Chicago. Since this initial tour might only involve small venues and so few dates, for those who've seen Don at the smaller venues, do you think getting tickets be a problem? I also get a feeling this album is going to be big so perhaps it might be a problem getting tickets later.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I hope there are more dates, meaning St. Louis! Please, please Don! I don't really want to have to go to Chicago.
    I know, Brooke. I'm hoping for St. Louis or anything in Missouri when I'm there for vacation, but I'm definitely hoping for Chicago the end of October so I can drive there. 8 hours is a lot, but I will do it if he's close to me during my vacation week.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurette767 View Post
    This is very exciting!! I've never seen Henley in concert only the Eagles in the 90s. Now I live closest to Chicago. Since this initial tour might only involve small venues and so few dates, for those who've seen Don at the smaller venues, do you think getting tickets be a problem? I also get a feeling this album is going to be big so perhaps it might be a problem getting tickets later.
    I don't think it'll be a problem getting tickets, but I do think it'll be a problem getting 'good' tickets.
    VK