Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - July 17, 2015

Default Re: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - July 17, 2015

I heard the "sometimes" part too. I agree Tim & Joe seemed to almost phone in the 1st set. Joe came alive in the 2nd set. He played better than I have ever heard him. The place was hotter than hot.

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    I heard the "sometimes" part too. I agree Tim & Joe seemed to almost phone in the 1st set. Joe came alive in the 2nd set. He played better than I have ever heard him. The place was hotter than hot.
    LOL, he's changing it up a bit. He used to say "much" instead of "sometimes.

I heard the "sometimes", funny, Glenn thought so too. Wonder if he has someone in mind !

Originally I said Joe seemed less energetic but the thought that first went thru my head at the concert was that he looked sad. His performance of HC was so strong and passionate, it was like he was trying to prove a point. Then my imagination took over. The Kennedy Center Awards were announced 2 days earlier. Was Joe sad that his friend Don Felder would not be part of the honors? Was his HC performance a tip of his hat to DF? I am not a great writer by any means but I am a good story teller. This is just my imagination.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

flatbedford, thanks for you review! Another awesome night by our guys!

At shows I've been to I've noticed Joe just standing there holding his guitar and staring in to space. I guess if there nothing for him to play that's all there is to do. At the show years ago that I was on the front row in front of him, I caught his eye and smiled at him and he smiled back! It seems kind of weird for him to have nothing to do during some of the early songs.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I have a few minutes before I actually have to get some actual work accomplished. I was able to take a few pictures but in all honesty all I really wanted to do was just enjoy listening & watching these guys play.
    We were told over & over no standing & no pictures/video but people did what they wanted & no one stopped them.
    Show started late which was expected. I think there were some people who were having issues with their tickets. It did seem most of the issues were the ones who has them on their phone but it did hold up the lines. It was hot...very hot in Boardwalk Hall. They were selling the Greatest Hits cd with all proceeds being split between the Shriners & Walden Pond. I also wanted to get a t-shirt but you just could not get near the tables before the show & they were packed up by the time the show was over. People were selling counterfit -shirts outside the arena before & after the show but the police were out there seizing the fakes so I ended up without a shirt.
    I had perfet seats too, 19th row infloor 2 right front & center.

The 2 spotlights lit up with Glen & Don facing each other on the side of the stage, they walked to teh center & did their fist bump. Most people around me did not know SN or Train Leaves Here & did not reconigize Bernie at all. When Tim was brought out for Witchy Woman Glen just stated that they took Tim from a band called Poco. Other than Randy being mentioned as being the singer of TITTL it was as if he never existed in the band, no mention of his recent health issues at all. Then again it really is none of our business. Not 1 word about Felder at all. I got the impression that most of the people around me only knew the Eagles from their hits because no one knew Doolin Daltons/Desparado reprise, thought it was new material & Cass County was the new Eagles album. I could have imagined what they would have thought if Hollywood Waltz or After The Thrill were played! Everyone did sing along...to the BIG hits. They ended the first half with TITTL by saying they needed to set-up for the 2nd set & all had to go pee. There were people who left thinking that was it! I got the impression that Tim & Joe were phoning in the 1st half. I wasn't the only one. Tim did look frail but I guess 2 1/2 years of tiuring can do that to a person.
    2nd half kicked off strong with Joe & Tim and then went into Heatache. Glen said now you can act all crazy now. He did come out with an adhesive bandage covering the palm of his left hand. I actually got most of the people infront of me to sit down for a bit. I did mention to the rather tall guy infront of me that I postpones having heart surgery to be able to see this show so he sat down & had a few others in front sit as well. I wasn't lying about the surgery but it isn't a major big thing but needs to be done soon . I really would have just swapped seats with him!
    No one around me was expecting this to be a 3+ hour show now were they expecting 4 encores!
    THE GOOD: Steuart Smith IMPO played as well if not better than Felder. While our guys are older & their voices have grown grittier, I think they sounded so much better than they did when I saw them in 1977 & during HFO. There are layers & richness that just were not there before. You noticed it so much in their harmonies. Glen & Don only got better. Joe Walsh...AMAZING! Tim was just really quiet.

THE BAD: It was TOO DANG HOT in the venue. I am also really disappointed they just never acknowledged Long Road. Correct me if I am wrong but that was a hit album & has the best song Henley ever wrote. People around me did nt even know about Long Road so maybe that is why. Lot of advertising for Cass County. People were assuming it was a new Eagles album.

THE UGLY:I wish they spoke more off the cuff rather than the being so scripted. Let's face it we have all seen videos of this show on youtube so we know the drill. Are they still so afraid of insulting each other? I mean geeze these guys are closing in on 70 & this is probably it for them so let it all just go & have fun!

THE WEIRD: Glen & Don, don't even attempt to try a dance move. The interaction between Don & Joe during Long Run. They both kind of missed their cue during the "debuantes in Houston" part & it looked strange. They fist bumped after the song ended.

They all just looked like they knew this was going to be the last run for them as a band. It was the best weekend I have had in a very long time.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Roey View Post
    I heard the "sometimes", funny, Glenn thought so too. Wonder if he has someone in mind !

Originally I said Joe seemed less energetic but the thought that first went thru my head at the concert was that he looked sad. His performance of HC was so strong and passionate, it was like he was trying to prove a point. Then my imagination took over. The Kennedy Center Awards were announced 2 days earlier. Was Joe sad that his friend Don Felder would not be part of the honors? Was his HC performance a tip of his hat to DF? I am not a great writer by any means but I am a good story teller. This is just my imagination.
    When was the last time Joe & Felder actually saw each other? Is the word 'friend' appropriate after 14 years?

You may be right, but it isn't something that would have occurred to me if I'd been there. Joe like all the current members has presumably moved on from that period.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks again to everyone for the reviews and comments!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

HC

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjJnJZvjgic[/ame]

LBG

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApJ0U_bMEXA[/ame]
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 07-30-2015 at 04:09 AM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."