Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Royal Farms Arena, Baltimore, MD - July 20, 2015

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Royal Farms Arena, Baltimore, MD - July 20, 2015

It was a great concert!!! Of course, they always are!

The VIP dinner had crab cakes, which made me very happy, although I've stuffed myself with shrimp and crab all weekend, because it's the main reason people come to Baltimore. So we were off to a good start!

The VIP room didn't have much in the way of AC, and so being down on the floor section felt good. The AC was turned off at the beginning of the concert and it got really hot in there. Fortunately it got turned back on during OOTN, everybody was sweating. The lady beside me kept standing up and sitting down because her jeans were wet with sweat. Very glad I didn't have that problem!

I did have a drunk person come through at the end of intermission and stomp on my foot. Scuffed the shoe pretty badly and then spilled beer on it. It was soaking wet so I took them off and put my sneakers on, so I looked like a dork, and the sneakers were too warm.

The concert itself? AAAAMMMMMMAAAZZZZZZIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG! The crowd wasn't into it at first, probably the heat and humidity, but they got into it as time went on. Bernie threw me a pick! They looked great, sounded great. They smiled a lot.

When Don talked before Long Run, we all booed when he said 'disco and punk'. He grinned and told us to keep it up, so we booed longer.

Glenn did a little dance when he was introduced, and he did a little dance at a different time, but I forget when, but it was cute.

It was so hot that Timothy put his hair back into a ponytail about halfway through the second set. He did a great job on his songs. Don sounded great singing, but I couldn't hear everything he said when he spoke. Joe was Joe, and simply amazing. Once again, the crowd really got into ITC the longer he played.

The first half, the harmonies were as stunning as always. I hesitate to say this, but the guy next to me liked them so much he was actually groaning in pleasure. It was kind of distracting, actually, but he really liked Reprise.

I'll write more tomorrow as I remember more things.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Royal Farms Arena, Baltimore, MD - July 20, 2015

I waited up to see if you were gonna post anything tonight, VA. (Pathetic I know, lol. If I can't see 'em, reading about them is the next best thing.)

Glad that you had a blast! The drunk guy and the lack of a/c must have been a real pain in the butt, but hey, you got a pick! Also glad to hear that the guys were in great form.

I'd be booing about disco and punk as well. (Disco gets my vote as worst genre of music )
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Not pathetic at all AG! We have all done it at some stage. VA Delighted that you enjoyed the show and that Bernie gave you the pick. He has turned out to be a real sweetheart this tour, hasn't he? Pity about the drunken guy an your shoes but at least it didn't stop your enjoyment. I believe it got very warm in the upper sections in Dublin last year, but up at the front was grand.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks for the review VK. A pick from Bernie playing with the Eagles! A rare souvenir.Glad to hear you had a good time.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VA, awesome! So sorry about your shoes! And the guy groaning.....

I think Bernie being with the band is such a highlight of this whole tour!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Very definitely, Keith! If I get around to it, I'll take a picture and post it, but it's a white pick with black lettering. Bernie Leadon on one side and Eagles 2015 on the other. It seems to be stiffer than the pick I got from Joe a few years ago.

I seldom mention personal interactions with the band because for me, it takes the 'personal' out of it, but I will say that sitting in the far floor section, five seats in meant that the keyboard for Glenn to play during ICTYW was right in front of me. The man is an absolute sweetheart, and in my opinion, the best rock star on the planet.
    VK

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Sounds AWESOME VA! I can't wait till Saturday night!

It was awesome!

Last night, Stueart was suddenly from Baltimore. The look on his face said he was at some point in his life. He got a lot of applause.

Also, when Glenn and Don came out for first song, the spotlight did not shine on Don. Glenn called him the Invisible Man. Neither looked too happy about it, but laughed it off.
    VK

What an amazing night, even with the heat/shoes/beer/groaning issues, lol. But we never expect anything less of the guys. And I can only imagine what the temperature was for them up on stage despite the fans and misting. So other than the pick from Bernie, any acknowledgements from the other guys? I get the impression they've been giving special nods to their 'regulars'. Looking forward to more details!

SO frustrating that none of the local Baltimore papers have anything today...I've found no photos, no reviews, nothing!
    Last edited by cynd1231; 07-21-2015 at 05:12 PM.
    I just need a little downtime.........

VA so glad you had a great time. Your review made me feel like I was there. Thanks.