Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Verizon arena, North Little Rock,AR - 7/27/15

Default Re: Verizon arena, North Little Rock,AR - 7/27/15

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    I got to see them in concert for a second time during this tour in Little Rock. The first time was in Memphis but I loved that one so much I wanted to take my girlfriend so she could enjoy the experience as well.

The Memphis show was awesome and that was the first time I had opportunity to see them in concert. My first record album ever was "Eagles Live" and they have remained my favorite band ever since. I received it as a Christmas present in 1980 and ended up getting all the other previous albums and then moved forward on with their solo recordings.

I didn't want the Little Rock show to be any less of an experience so I was able to get 5th row floor seats just left of center stage! The show was incredible and it was great to be so close! Everyone in and around my seating area was well mannered and it made for an enjoyable event.

I have been more of a Henley fan but my girlfriend loved the changing facial expressions of Glenn as he seemed so passionate and into the music. It was all excellent and the quality of the vocals and music was incredible. You could close your eyes and you wouldn't know if you were listening to them in the 1970s, 90s, 00s or 2015! Of course I didn't close my eyes as there was so much to take in.

Being well aware of the band's desire to keep it in the moment and not allow cameras or recording devices, mine stayed in my pocket until they were giving their final bows. Before the show started a guy a couple seats to my left received a warning from security but that is the only one I noticed in my area. I found it a little ironic to hear "Take a Picture of This" being previewed before the show and during the intermission from Don's Cass County album - I guess he can't be opposed to all photos and hopefully didn't mind a couple of shots after the show was over!!

Such a great concert from beginning to end - knowing all the words to all the songs and hearing it from the original artists (despite no Meisner or Felder) and not a cover band is a wonderful experience!
    Thanks for the review and welcome to The Border. Hope you get to see them again.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

ltef, yes, thanks so much for your review! I'm so glad you had a good time and that you got such great seats! Thanks for sharing you pics too! Yip, the Eagles are wonderful and I hope they will continue in some manner next year!

And, welcome to the Border! Carry on!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Welcome, LTEF. Thanks for the great review and being able to get a few pictures!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So....a few mistakes there, but overall good words!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten