Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Eagles at CenturyLink Center, Bossier City, LA - 7/29/2015

  1. #41
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: Eagles at CenturyLink Center, Bossier City, LA - 7/29/2015

    Shun - Don't beat yourself up over this. None of us had any way of knowing this would be the last concert with Glenn. As I said, I had so wanted to go to the HOTE concert at the Garden or AC. However, money was tight at that time, the tickets were mucho expensive, and my sister and BIL who I was going to go with had just been laid off from their jobs. Sometimes life just gets in the way of things.

  2. #42
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,064

    Default Re: Eagles at CenturyLink Center, Bossier City, LA - 7/29/2015

    I was in South Africa on a mission trip. Otherwise I would have been there. I have this thing about seeing the last shows of tours if possible for exactly the reason that it might be the last one. This was driveable, so I definitely would have gone if I'd been in the USA.

    I went on the mission trip instead. I told myself that of course a mission trip was more important than another Eagles concert and surely it wouldn't really be the last show...

    It wasn't meant to be that I attend for some reason. I don't know why.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  3. #43
    Stuck on the Border Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Walking in Memphis ...
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: Eagles at CenturyLink Center, Bossier City, LA - 7/29/2015

    I love how the reviewer gives props to Don Felder and Randy Meisner. Very classy thing to do.

  4. #44
    Stuck on the Border shunlvswx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    5,330

    Default Re: Eagles at CenturyLink Center, Bossier City, LA - 7/29/2015

    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I was in South Africa on a mission trip. Otherwise I would have been there. I have this thing about seeing the last shows of tours if possible for exactly the reason that it might be the last one. This was driveable, so I definitely would have gone if I'd been in the USA.

    I went on the mission trip instead. I told myself that of course a mission trip was more important than another Eagles concert and surely it wouldn't really be the last show...

    It wasn't meant to be that I attend for some reason. I don't know why.
    I remembered your trip to South Africa. Soda. I should had went with your offer when you were going to New Orleans since you were going to pass my city going to New Orleans. I couldn't go because I didn't have the money and I think the New Orleans show was either a weekday or a Sunday. I couldn't remembered. I remembered you told me you had to go to work the next day. I am glad I did get to go to Joe's concert with you even though we were in different section.

    Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

    I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

  5. #45
    Stuck on the Border shunlvswx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    5,330

    Default Re: Eagles at CenturyLink Center, Bossier City, LA - 7/29/2015

    Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Shun - Don't beat yourself up over this. None of us had any way of knowing this would be the last concert with Glenn. As I said, I had so wanted to go to the HOTE concert at the Garden or AC. However, money was tight at that time, the tickets were mucho expensive, and my sister and BIL who I was going to go with had just been laid off from their jobs. Sometimes life just gets in the way of things.
    I did at the beginning when Glenn died. I was beating myself since I had so many chances to see them, but I couldn't go because I either didn't have the money(which I didn't) or the show were on a weekday. I was just a year too late since I was going to try to see them the following year. I wanted to see Don and the Eagles the following year.

    Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

    I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

  6. #46
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,064

    Default Re: Eagles at CenturyLink Center, Bossier City, LA - 7/29/2015

    Yes, I wish you had been able to come with me to New Orleans, too, shun! We would have had a good time together! But I guess that wasn't meant to be, either.

    I'm glad we had a few people here who went to Bossier City. I'm glad we have their memories and reviews.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  7. #47
    Stuck on the Border shunlvswx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    5,330

    Default Re: Eagles at CenturyLink Center, Bossier City, LA - 7/29/2015

    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yes, I wish you had been able to come with me to New Orleans, too, shun! We would have had a good time together! But I guess that wasn't meant to be, either.

    I'm glad we had a few people here who went to Bossier City. I'm glad we have their memories and reviews.
    But we made up with the trip to see Joe in Memphis. I'm glad for that trip. I need to come visit you soon now that I'm back driving.

    Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

    I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •