Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's next for the Eagles? Hotel California 40th tour? Residencies?

Banned

Default What's next for the Eagles? Hotel California 40th tour? Residencies?

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    TLR, I think you are asking if anybody plays steel guitar on BOML. I don't think so...I think Stueart plays slide guitar.
    I agree, although I'm not 100% sure. I think Steuart plays the Pedal Steel parts on slide guitar.

I must reaffirm that I haven't attended a HOTE Eagles show although I've seen the band live numerous times, Despite the inclusion of a few obscurities, the HOTE set list has included more Eagles hits than any of their previous tours.

If the band are influenced by the audiences reaction to the tracks they play, will their next tour keep the rarities and maybe play one or two more or will they drop the rarities and stick to playing their major hits?
    I am assuming. of course, that they change the set list, bringing back some solo hits or adding newer material.

Personally, I think, in the internet age, all songs are. pretty much. equal to a new audience. Who cares which songs were hits 40 years ago.

I get the impression that, even the biggest Eagles fans here, discovered them post HFO, long after their hits became hits.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I agree, although I'm not 100% sure. I think Steuart plays the Pedal Steel parts on slide guitar.

I must reaffirm that I haven't attended a HOTE Eagles show although I've seen the band live numerous times, Despite the inclusion of a few obscurities, the HOTE set list has included more Eagles hits than any of their previous tours.

If the band are influenced by the audiences reaction to the tracks they play, will their next tour keep the rarities and maybe play one or two more or will they drop the rarities and stick to playing their major hits?
    I am assuming. of course, that they change the set list, bringing back some solo hits or adding newer material.

Personally, I think, in the internet age, all songs are. pretty much. equal to a new audience. Who cares which songs were hits 40 years ago.

I get the impression that, even the biggest Eagles fans here, discovered them post HFO, long after their hits became hits.
    Unfortunately, I'm far too old to claim I didn't begin following them until post-HFO. There are definitely quite a few here that do fall into that category, that's for sure.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Banned

Sorry VA, I omitted the words "some of"

I get the impression that, even some of the biggest Eagles fans here, discovered them post HFO, long after their hits became hits.

Do you think they'll drop some former hits or some of the more obscure tracks to change up future live set lists?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Sorry VA, I omitted the words "some of"

I get the impression that, even some of the biggest Eagles fans here, discovered them post HFO, long after their hits became hits.

Do you think they'll drop some former hits or some of the more obscure tracks to change up future live set lists?
    To be quite honest, I think they'll go back to what we fondly refer to as the festival set list. It includes some of Don's solo songs as well as Seven Bridges Road and How Long. I would love for them to mix it up and keep it somewhat unpredictable. Of course, what I would really love is the ability to keep seeing them perform DD/D Reprise.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, I've been a fan of theirs since 1972, so I'm a 'seasoned' fan. I think they'll go back to a shorter set list of their hits. I wish they would keep some of the more obscure songs, but I just doubt it given their history.

I don't think they should add Don H's solo songs back in or anyone's for that matter. If they do any solo shows, and surely they will, we can hear them then.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Banned

I'm pretty sure the Eagles experimented with the shortened set list plus a support act, a couple of tours ago and quickly returned to the 3hrs, no support, format.

They've got a back catalogue that supports a lengthy set list. They've got 4 lead singers, 5 if you include Bernie and an able backing band so I hope they'll do the 3hr set list until they stop. That would give them every chance to be more adventurous with their set list choices.

Border Troubadour

I learnt the answer to my question a long time ago when I saw them live - it is Steuart who plays the steel pedal parts on what I think is his usual electric guitar of choice.

As for the future, I anticipate them dropping the rarer cuts for solo pieces again. I suspect the deep cuts that made the HOTE setlist were there not necessarily because the guys wanted them, but because they were bound by the history element.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As much as I hate to say it, I do fear they will drop most of the deep tracks they are doing on this tour and return to a shortened set list. Otherwise, there's no reason to change. They could easily continue another year or even two with the History of the Eagles tour. There are a lot of markets that they didn't go to on this tour that they've visited in the past i.e. they did nothing in the Eastern Hemisphere except Europe and Australia.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border Eagles4EverFan's Avatar

What was the last tour prior to the HOTE tour? I'm hoping that once they do their own individual tours, they will want to come back together and visit some of the cities they missed.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4EverFan View Post
    What was the last tour prior to the HOTE tour? I'm hoping that once they do their own individual tours, they will want to come back together and visit some of the cities they missed.
    The previous tour was from 2008-2010 & was called the Long Road Out Of Eden tour which supported the album of the same name the band released in late 2007.