Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's next for the Eagles? Hotel California 40th tour? Residencies?

Out on the Border Eagles4EverFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The previous tour was from 2008-2010 & was called the Long Road Out Of Eden tour which supported the album of the same name the band released in late 2007.
    Thank you So given that they are 66, 67, 68-ish now and in two or three years... It sounds unlikely perhaps. But on the other hand, we can hope, right?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4EverFan View Post
    Thank you So given that they are 66, 67, 68-ish now and in two or three years... It sounds unlikely perhaps. But on the other hand, we can hope, right?
    Between 2010 and July of 2013 they played shows here and there. Fairly often in Las Vegas, and other places as the mood struck them, including a string of shows in South Africa as well as places like China, Japan, etc. I think it most likely they'd continue to do these kinds of shows, and avoid the grueling schedule of an all out tour.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

If they decide to do a residency at some point, I wonder if they'll get more adventurous with the setlist, given that most people who would travel to see them are more hardcore fans. Presumably, there would be fewer of the "I only know the hits" type.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I don't know, a place like Vegas, people travel there for other reasons as well. Plus, if they're only doing shows here and there, I can't see them putting in a lot rehearsal time.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I've wondered if they might tour for the 40th anniversary of Hotel California. Alot of bands have been doing it. It'd be cool to hear the entire HC album from start to finish(generally that's bands do on that kind of tour).

If they ever decide to do a residency, I hope that they film it for a dvd!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

The tricky thing about performing HC in its entirety would be the Randy-Timothy issue. Who would perform "Try and Love Again"?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    If they decide to do a residency at some point, I wonder if they'll get more adventurous with the setlist, given that most people who would travel to see them are more hardcore fans. Presumably, there would be fewer of the "I only know the hits" type.
    I am completely opposed to a residency, but then I don't live in the United States. If they do tour again they need to change the setlist. It is a problem for them because their catalogue is so small. I think they need new material.

As for them performing HC in its entirety I don't think that would work. All of those songs except for TALA have been performed in the past. When they did WT & TLR in HFO the show just ground to a halt (in my view). Who would sing TALA? Surely Glenn, given that he only has one other lead vocal on the album & his voice is more suited to it than Tim's. But I can't see it happening. I don't see it as an album that cries out to be performed this way.

Banned

If Glenn can sing Take It To The Limit, I don't see a problem finding somebody to sing Randy's Try And Love Again. Obviously Randy should get first refusal but there's much more to Try And Love Again than Randy's lead vocal, as great as it is.

I'd prefer the guys taking a verse each or even someone from the backing band singing it, rather than it being unplayed or the whole idea, of performing the entire Hotel California album, being ditched. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the iconic album's 40th birthday.

No doubt about it, it's the moment that the Eagles achieved their potential.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    If Glenn can sing Take It To The Limit, I don't see a problem finding somebody to sing Randy's Try And Love Again. Obviously Randy should get first refusal but there's much more to Try And Love Again than Randy's lead vocal, as great as it is.

I'd prefer the guys taking a verse each or even someone from the backing band singing it, rather than it being unplayed or the whole idea, of performing the entire Hotel California album, being ditched. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the iconic album's 40th birthday.

No doubt about it, it's the moment that the Eagles achieved their potential.
    ??????

As long as Glenn Frey doesn't sing it, you seem to be saying. Seriously.

I have alreayd stated that I don't believe this will ever happen but if it's to be talked about I at least prefer to keep it vaguely realistic.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Well, to make it a full show (say at least 15 songs), they'd have to play some of their other songs. I'm sure that PEF, TIE and Lyin Eyes would be played. When Def Leppard did their Viva Hysteria residency in Vegas, they played the Hysteria album, then played their other hits, Photograph, Rock of Ages etc.

As for who would sing TALA, I don't know. Glenn seemslike the logical choice because he now sings TITTL. I think that Timothy could do a great job as well. The guys each singing a verse? I think that would be cool and unique, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time