Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's next for the Eagles? Hotel California 40th tour? Residencies?

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - ?)

Any one of the 4 current Eagles could sing TALA just fine and it would be awesome to hear

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Well, to make it a full show (say at least 15 songs), they'd have to play some of their other songs. I'm sure that PEF, TIE and Lyin Eyes would be played. When Def Leppard did their Viva Hysteria residency in Vegas, they played the Hysteria album, then played their other hits, Photograph, Rock of Ages etc.

As for who would sing TALA, I don't know. Glenn seemslike the logical choice because he now sings TITTL. I think that Timothy could do a great job as well. The guys each singing a verse? I think that would be cool and unique, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Exactly what I was thinking, AG! And, I feel that Glenn would do an outstanding job with the song as he did with TITTL.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Banned

The difference between Try And Love Again and Take It To The Limit is that Glenn and Don had a hand in writing Take It To The limit, Try And Love Again, is credited to Randy alone.

It is an Eagles song, though and if the next tour is to commemorate the 40th anniversary of their greatest achievement, they'd be obliged to find a way to perform it, with or without Randy.

The album lasts about 40 minutes which leaves two, or so, hours to perform whatever they want during the rest of the show.

Out on the Border

[quote=Funk 50;307071]The difference between Try And Love Again and Take It To The Limit is that Glenn and Don had a hand in writing Take It To The limit, Try And Love Again, is credited to Randy alone.

I guess I misunderstood Glen. I thought he said "we" wrote it for Randy.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

[quote=all eagles;307072]
    Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    The difference between Try And Love Again and Take It To The Limit is that Glenn and Don had a hand in writing Take It To The limit, Try And Love Again, is credited to Randy alone.

I guess I misunderstood Glen. I thought he said "we" wrote it for Randy.
    In concert, Glenn says they wrote it with and for Randy. TITTL, that is.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: What's next for the Eagles? Hotel California 40th tour? Residencies?

I also think it is highly unlikely that the band would do a 40th Anniversary Hotel California tour, but who knows ... they have surprised us before. However, if they were to do it, I agree that if they perform all the other songs off of the album, then they should also include Try and Love Again. I personally think Tim's voice is best suited to sing the song, but Tim may not want to perform it. He wasn't around during the recording of the album and, obviously, he didn't have any part in writing it. Glenn would seem like the next best choice, but they would have to lower the register as they have done with Take It To the Limit. These are some pretty talented guys so I'm sure they could make it work if they really wanted to.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: What's next for the Eagles? Hotel California 40th tour? Residencies?

They could do a video tribute of Randy performing "Try and Love Again." Or a hologram, but I don't think they would spring for that. Too flashy.

Banned

I'd much prefer one of the guys singing it live. NightMistBlue.

In the future we may get a hologram tour of the Eagles singing all their hits in their prime years. I don't think I'd even be interested in that although the ticket prices should be favourable.

My brother thought the U2 hologram concert was fantastic.

Stuck on the Border

A british newspaper asked Don Henley about playing Glastonbury.
    The Eagles – who have lately been joined on stage by founder member Bernie Leadon for the first time since 1975 – are continually being linked to the possibility of a swansong performance at Glastonbury – and Don says he would be up for playing the festival.
    “I always love playing in the UK and I’d love to come over there. It is the land of my ancestors,” he says.
    “But up to now it has never been logistically possible. It’s quite expensive to cart around a large band and crew.
    "So if we did Glastonbury I would have to be in the vicinity or already on tour. I would like to do it but I just don’t know what I’m going to be doing next year or the year after that.”
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...ey-new-6542072

Of course, they were in the UK around the time of the Glastonbury festival in 2014. But reading this again, maybe he's saying he'd be open to playing at the festival as a solo artist.

It probably won't be anytime soon, but one never knows!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten