@chaim - do you have a link for that interview ? I've always wondered why DF didn't get any credit for OOTN considering it really wouldn't have sounded anything like it did without him...seems a bit more than just "arranging" to me, oh well I guess he was OK with it at the time.

Since I last posted I watched the 2008 DF interview by Howard Stern on YouTube. Actually I was looking for the HC version he played there but it seems to have been pulled from YouTube and only found the audio in the end on...donfelderonline.com

Anyway he made some comments there that didn't jive with what is in the book for some reason :
- HS : Henley asked him to come up with a new intro to HC on the spot for HFO...vs...in the book it was Frey and he got a 24 hour notice
- HS : His wedding to Susan had gone on for 8 years too many..vs..in the book it seems he only realized it was finished in late '99. That's personal stuff so I mention it in passing but I was also surprised that she served him with divorce papers after he told her it was over. Why would she do that?
- HS : he last spoke to Joe Walsh in 2005 when he was deposed as part of the lawsuit, also gave him a hug...vs...in the book, in 2000 just after he found out he was fired and Walsh was dismissive when he called him.

I guess that last one was more or less part of the "gag order" included in the settlement, but these differences, plus the Susan vs housekeeper (I think it was repeated during HS too) to dig up the tape for HC, do put a bit of a different perspective on what's written in the book, i.e. everything probably shouldn't be taken at face value and Henley's comments last year (poignant if it was real, suing us left and right) gain some traction.

HS also mentioned Henley's comments (that I'd read at the time but forgotten) that Felder was "washed out" in the sense that he didn't contribute anything creative anymore, just showed up on time and played what he was expected to play. For sure none of his ideas was used for HFO and with his dissatisfaction with the business arrangement for HFO it's plausible that he was somewhat "dragging his feet" maybe not consciously. The bottom line is that there was "bad blood" and it just couldn't work out.

In hindsight Felder should probably have had someone (his wife, a lawyer, a friend, etc...) tell him that the Eagles Ltd arrangement didn't make sense anymore in 1994 and that he should accept some kind of revamping to get things back on track and show his "team playing", easier said than done of course and when he realized it after being fired it was too late...Maybe Frey, Henley and Azoff didn't force the issue in 1994 because they were afraid that he'd prevent them from using the Eagles name (i.e. Eagles Ltd not licensing the use of the name/rights to the "new entities") but in 2001 after he was a "complete sideman" from 1994 to 2001 they probably felt that threat was gone.