Page 25 of 116 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

I dunno if ya'll have heard or seen these, but its pretty interesting..
    Part 1
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaY4nPMiGug&feature=PlayList&p=A94AE6E0E21 F945C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=14[/ame]

Part 2
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXATXDU7bBs&feature=PlayList&p=A94AE6E0E21 F945C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15[/ame]

Part 3
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNhaksKPPHk&feature=PlayList&p=A94AE6E0E21 F945C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=16[/ame]

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very interesting! I loved his slip-up there at the end; 'it's all about the money, er, the music'.

He seemed very decent there, really.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Yes, that was interesting, but doesn't he know that the name of the band is "Eagles", not "the Eagles"?

Hmmm.....wonder

If we really did start that basement band and it became successful and we released a recording and called ourselves "The Eagles"; I'm sure we wouldn't run into trouble with "Eagles LTD".

I thought that was a pretty bad slip at the end on the "money" too. I don't know why being in it for the "money" is such a bad thing. I've never heard of a musician who willingly turned down wealth!
    Last edited by MikeA; 03-27-2009 at 09:00 AM.

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

On the positive side, this is a really good interview. Don comes across as a likable, nice guy. He is interesting to listen to, and is very good at story-telling.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Hmmm.....wonder

If we really did start that basement band and it became successful and we released a recording and called ourselves "The Eagles"; I'm sure we wouldn't run into trouble with "Eagles LTD".

I totally agree Mike. But just wondering what should the name of our first song be - what about something catchy like Hotel Arizona. Hmmm - I may have some lyrics - let's see how about "I was drivin' 'round the corner from Hotel Arizona".

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I thought that was a pretty bad slip at the end on the "money" too. I don't know why being in it for the "money" is such a bad thing. I've never heard of a musician who willingly turned down wealth!
    I also agree with you here. What's wrong with wanting to make money? What I find wrong is the hypocrisy in saying that it wasn't important to you, and then filing a lawsuit that drags on for more than 7 years only to settled for millions of $$$$.

Once again, at the beginning of the interview he tells the story of how the band started with 5 members. NOT!!! And then, at the end proclaims that he is merely a victim.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I totally agree Mike. But just wondering what should the name of our first song be - what about something catchy like Hotel Arizona. Hmmm - I may have some lyrics - let's see how about "I was drivin' 'round the corner from Hotel Arizona".

How about Hotel Oregon,
    "On a wet slippery interstate, I smashed into a log truck."
    of course, that'd be the end of it..

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    How about Hotel Oregon,
    "On a wet slippery interstate, I smashed into a log truck."
    of course, that'd be the end of it..
    Short, but it has a great "impact".

MikeA

LOL!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

I wanted to give my two cents on this post as well. I was doing a search about Don Felder’s book and that’s how I found this site (which I love). But I wanted to finish the book before I posted (I had two or three chapters to go).
    At first reading all your posts, I was like “What?” You’re being too hard on this guy. I really loved this book and enjoyed the “tell-all” tales. And for most of the book I felt that he was being honest (as anyone can be) with his side of the story…
    But the last chapters….Oh my gosh!! I couldn’t believe it… It’s like a different book.
    The way he left his wife??? He talks about one night when things didn’t go well. I’ve been married for 19 years, I’ve had more than a few of those. But to end a marriage over that? And to do it over the phone? That’s weak! And by coincidence he meets a woman 20 years younger? I find this all hard to believe. I know personal stuff is personal but if you apply this same stuff to the break up…I can easily see why Don and Glenn didn’t want to deal with it anymore. Personally, I LOVE Felder’s playing, I think he added much to the band and he’s a very gifted musician. But it sounds like the story of people being together for too long. The Eagles have always had a turbulent relationship. They’re older now and I bet they just said “you know what…I don’t need this.” And they decided to call it quits with him. I have to say I was very disappointed with the last few chapters of that book.

I just got this book today at my library and have yet to read a word of it...I thought, well, I'm gonna get it, but I'll check out the boarder first so I know what to expect.

Initially, here is my thought process...

ok, you have five guys in a band...four of the guys get along and still tour today...one guy can't seem to get along with two of the guys, but it's never his fault...hmmm...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that just probably the fifth guy #1) is jealous of the said two guys...#2) will not be satisfied being a number two (though these are SO needed) #3) has a perspective that is clearly filtered through his hate for one of "the gods"...

So, I'm off to read this book...my thanks to everyone's comments...I didn't want to read it and then have a "yuck" feeling when I listened to my favorite band

~Tonja~