Page 102 of 116 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1153

Thread: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Banned

Default Re: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Joe Walsh came to England to sing a few Jim Capaldi tracks at his Tribute concert, including Love Will keep Us Alive which he wrote for the Malibu Men's Choir project with, Pete Vale and Paul Carrack.

I've read this bit of Heaven And Hell. It's on Google Books with a horrendously long address but also here;

http://librarun.org/book/54073/267

I got a link to this facebook conversation today:

Earl Bross‎ >> Don Felder

Hi Don. Any chance of you and Joe Walsh getting together to jam or maybe make a small tour of your selected works in selected world cities? (Like Hamburg Germany for example?) You and Joe "ROCK".

Don Felder
    Hi Earl, That sounds like great fun. I'm game but you'll have to work on Joe. DF

Jeff Parsons

Don, Joe would be a bonus but come to England on your own anyway; we'd love to hear the guy that the Eagles couldn't replace.
    There's been no response, yet from Felder about a solo visit.

I would love for Walsh and Felder to play together but I don't think it'll happen, as I think if it were to happen, he'd be back in the Eagles.

What I mean by that is, Joe is not going to be involved with him unless he feels the whole band is ok with it, and if the whole band is ok with it (which won't happen), then why wouldn't he be back in the band.

I don't think Joe wants to rock the boat. He's in a good spot and we know his feelings on being solo vs in a band. He WANTS to be in the Eagles, and I don't think he would risk that, even if Glenn would be ok with it just for fear of making it uncomfortable. I know I personally hate feeling that tension as I carry it myself when I'm having to be in the middle of two friends that don't care for each other.

I say - until everyone is on good terms with Felder (which probably won't happen), a solo stint with those two will never happen, and if it ever does - I look for him to be back in the band at that point or shortly thereafter.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Banned

It'd be great for Felder to share the bill with Joe but I don't see what Joe would get out of it.

Despite never actually bad mouthing Felder, to my knowledge, I believe Joe (and Tim) were in complete support of The Eagles decision to fire Felder.

With his subsequent book and legal actions, Felder's built a wall that he doesn't seem to notice is there. All the Eagles are on the other side, maybe even Randy.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't think it will ever, ever happen. I completely agree with everything Austin and F50 said.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    It'd be great for Felder to share the bill with Joe but I don't see what Joe would get out of it.

Despite never actually bad mouthing Felder, to my knowledge, I believe Joe (and Tim) were in complete support of The Eagles decision to fire Felder.

With his subsequent book and legal actions, Felder's built a wall that he doesn't seem to notice is there. All the Eagles are on the other side, maybe even Randy.
    If Timothy's and Joe's "go for it" actually happened, like Don says in his book, they weren't completely on the side of "The Gods".

Stuck on the Border

I wonder if he heard what he wanted to hear. They may have been supportive or they may have just wanted him to do something rather than keep complaining to them about it. Timothy sounds pretty fed up with Felder even in Felder's book.

Stuck on the Border

Perhaps it was like that. If there had been a lot of "go ahead and show those b******s" stuff going on from Timothy and Joe, there should have been at least some friction in the band at some point after Felder was fired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    If Timothy's and Joe's "go for it" actually happened, like Don says in his book, they weren't completely on the side of "The Gods".
    I don't know the context of Tim and Joe encouraging Don to "go for it". I'm pretty sure they both advised Don to sign the contract, although that may have been retrospectively after he had already suffered the consequences of being disagreeable.

They may have been sympathetic with Felder after he was fired. I can't see them being so after he attacked the band with his book and the legal action.

If Felder was moaning about the "gods" and threatening to take 'em down a notch, I'd have been egging him on too, as UTW suggests, just to shut him up.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I finally got to check the book out from the library. Will start reading as soon as I can. I already looked at the photos of Glenn Frey and Don Henley... yikes!

ETA: Though if I find out that he's a Florida Gators fan (Gainsville is where the university is located), I won't be happy. I'm a die hard Georgia Bulldogs fan!
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 07-09-2015 at 04:19 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    ETA: My hero, by the way, is Roberto Clemente. Everyone else is just human. Also, several on this board have been asked, by him, to call him Glenn.
    He's mine too! I remember being so broken hearted when I heard he was killed in that plane crash. It was too painful to watch the Pirates play after that hence my switch to the Dodgers. I am going to see the Pirates & Dodgers play in August and can finally see his statue.

I finished reading Heaven & Hell. It is what it is, one man's point of view. I appreciate all of the Eagles past & present. 1 week to Atlantic City.