Page 103 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1153

Thread: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    He's mine too! I remember being so broken hearted when I heard he was killed in that plane crash. It was too painful to watch the Pirates play after that hence my switch to the Dodgers. I am going to see the Pirates & Dodgers play in August and can finally see his statue.

I finished reading Heaven & Hell. It is what it is, one man's point of view. I appreciate all of the Eagles past & present. 1 week to Atlantic City.
    Broken hearted is exactly the right description, and I think I did take a step back from baseball for a few years after that, but not for long!

As far as the book, I'd say it's one man's point of view told through the lens of what the publisher wanted in order to sell books. As Henley said, 'they want Dirty Laundry'.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    As far as the book, I'd say it's one man's point of view told through the lens of what the publisher wanted in order to sell books. As Henley said, 'they want Dirty Laundry'.
    Wasn't there even more dirt initially, but the Frey/Henley/Azoff camp managed to have it removed - or something like that? (Aaargh, I should read all the pages all over again.)
    Last edited by chaim; 07-10-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Possibly the book was edited because some of it could be considered libellous. After the briefest research...

With libel, an untrue statement must be given as fact. US law is far stricter for private rather than public figures, but UK law does not distinguish, which is why celebrities have tended to bring libel cases in the UK. As the book was likely to be published in the UK at some point, it would make sense to conform to UK libel laws.

My impresssion is that the facts as described in Felder's book are not too bad and the nasty stuff is mostly given as an opinion and therefore not covered by libel laws.

I don't know where the burden of proof lies - does a statement have to be proved true or false?

Apart from that, I'd guess the book included some details that broke non-confidentiality agreements.

And finally, Felder may just have agreed to remove some parts as part of a deal in which Azoff would call his lawyers off.

If I recall correctly, there was info about their finances that was objected to. I'm sure there were other things as well.

Besides libel, there's also slander to worry about, and where one doesn't get you, the other will.

Yes, there were things in lawsuit about the book, and while it was implied by both sides that it had to do with financial matters and especially the details of the settlement, you can bet that it was more than that.
    VK

Stuck on the Border

I may have this wrong but I believe slander is spoken and libel is written and they are both defamation.

This is from an article I just posted in Felder's tour thread for the Arcada show:

"To this day, I still don't get it," Felder told me. "We all did our thing that made the band grow, and we should have all shared in it equally."
    So, he still doesn't get it. Maybe I'll give my thoughts on this later when I can organize them in a printable fashion.
    VK

VA, if he hasn't 'gotten it' yet after all this time, he never will!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border

From the link VA posted above:
    I then asked him about their 1998 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and he appeared somewhat emotional. "It was an incredible night, we were all together, having fun with a great sense of pride. We put our differences on a shelf that night, and it was actually heartwarming."
    That's not how he described in in the book.

As for the other, it's just two different views of the situation. Frey thought paying everyone the same was unfair and that's a valid view, too. Perhaps if Felder could stop thinking of it in simplistic terms like "greed", he might start to "get it".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Wasn't there even more dirt initially, but the Frey/Henley/Azoff camp managed to have it removed - or something like that? (Aaargh,
    As Henley once sharply retorted to an interviewer, "it wasn't us, it was the law."
    or words to that effect.

I then asked him about their 1998 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and he appeared somewhat emotional. "It was an incredible night, we were all together, having fun with a great sense of pride. We put our differences on a shelf that night, and it was actually heartwarming."
    Maybe they weren't getting paid for that show.

Do stars get paid for awards shows?