Page 106 of 116 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1153

Thread: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I read it as AG was talking about their entire catalog, not just that with the Eagles. So Tim has Poco has lots of work with Poco as well as his solo recordings, Joe has James Gang, Barnstorm and his solo records etc. Don has Flow and two solo records. He's also a bit short on session credits compared with the others, although he must have done a lot of uncredited work in his early days.
    I was actually talking about both with the Eagles and without them. I've done some research (as you can see by my above post). I might be wrong about Felder contributing least to the Eagles. It's a tough call between him and Tim. (Though Felder appeared on more albums than Tim).

If you're talking solo/with other bands, I don't have to do research to know that Felder has done the least amount of work.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I just disagree with the whole "he needed the Eagles" thing some say or people saying he's not in it for the music and such. I think he's proven his worth and talent with his two solo records. So what he only made two. At least they were great ones. I'd rather an artist put out 2 or 3 great solo albums than 5 solo albums and over half are subpar (not saying any one artist here, just an example).

The reason Bernie and Randy contributed more is because they were in the band longer in the 70s and therefore were naturally on more records. I wouldn't put their worth to the band higher than say DF, but I wouldn't the reverse either. I think all members (outside of Frey and Henley perhaps) have contributed equally in terms of their worth to the band.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I disagree on the statement that he's done less than the other guys. Leaving DH and GF out of it for the time being, he's contributed as much to the band as Joe, Tim, Randy, and Bernie has.
    He has done hardly any solo work compared with the others. And I know this is personal opinion, but I don't consider either Airborne or Road To Forever 'great'.

I don't think that he needed the Eagles. I think that another band would've seen him with Crosby and Nash, and offered him a job.

I haven't heard either of his solo albums, so I'm not going to give an opinion on how great or bad they are. (I'll try to give them a listen sometime in the next few days. Are they available on Spotify?)

2 solo albums over the course of what, 35 years? That's not much. If they great, why not release more? He didn't (or doesn't ) have to tour behind them.
    -Kim-

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    2 solo albums over the course of what, 35 years? That's not much. If they great, why not release more? He didn't (or doesn't ) have to tour behind them.
    He probably wanted to spend time with his kids or take a break. Heck, Garth Brooks took a huge hiatus from being a popular entertainer making lots of money touring and making records to do just that.

They are great albums. He just probably wanted to take a break. His liner notes credits may not show as much of all the session stuff he did probably.

I don't think it was his lack of songwriting by any means.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    He has done hardly any solo work compared with the others. And I know this is personal opinion, but I don't consider either Airborne or Road To Forever 'great'.
    I will have to disagree on that. I think they are both really good and proved he's a very capable songwriter and musician.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I can understand spending time with his kids, but imo, 2 albums in that time period is pathetic (again my opinion). I'm not gonna pass judgment on his albums until I hear them.
    -Kim-

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I just get tired of people saying he wasn't in it for the music or talking about his contributions in a negative light or talking about him needing the Eagles or that he wasn't as talented as the rest. He was definitely every bit as talented. He's done great for himself since the Eagles with his band behind him and is a great singer, player, and writer. I just don't like the whole "the Eagles threw him a bone and made him what he is and he wouldn't be anything without them" vibe I get sometimes.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I'll never say that he was it in only for money because I honestly don't know. I wasn't trying to be negative by saying that he hasn't done as much work as the other guys. I was just trying to point why I think that Don F makes his contributions to the band seem more than they were at times.

Anyway, truce. Agree to disagree
    -Kim-

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I disagree on the statement that he's done less than the other guys. Leaving DH and GF out of it for the time being, he's contributed as much to the band as Joe, Tim, Randy, and Bernie has.
    Well WalshFan88, I took this statement as an insult to Joe. While Joe's up the front in the spotlight on stage, singing Rocky Mountain Way, Funk #49, Walk Away, Life's Been Good, In The City, Pretty Maids All In A Row, Ordinary Average Guy, Turn To Stone, Guilty Of The Crime and All Night Long, to name just his own songs, What was Felder doing?

It's no coincidence that Felder's big spotlight moments, One Of These nights and I Can't Tell You Why aren't deemed strong enough to feature in the last 3rd of the show when Joe's kicking ass on guitar.

Bernie and Randy got a 2 1/2 album head start on Felder, I don't think he's caught up.

I'm astonished by how much Felder brings up money. It doesn't seem much of an issue, publicly, with the other guys, although you can't get where they are today without having a real handle on the finances.