Page 108 of 116 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1153

Thread: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Unfortunately that will never happen Funk, too much has happened between them. IMO I think that when Glenn and Randy got into the reported "fight" backstage and Randy quit is a reason he wasn't asked back either. Sad but most likely true..
    I don't feel that's true at all, DJ, and given what we've learned about Randy's life since then, I'd say it wouldn't have worked out and one or both parties knew that.

Bernie dumped a beer on Glenn's head and he was invited back.

Felder and Glenn nearly came to blows on stage and backstage in 1980. Felder was asked back for the reunion.

I fail to see why a reported 'fight' backstage between Glenn and Randy would preclude Randy being asked back.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Banned

Randy wasn't involved in the HFO Reunion because Glenn decided it was a resumption. A great credit to Glenn as Randy was, by far, the obvious choice of Reunion bassist.

Both Randy and Bernie were invited to join the HOTE tour. Bernie said yes, Randy's wife said no. Don Felder wasn't invited.

I don't think any of the Eagles have had any involvement with Felder since Heaven And Hell.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I don't feel that's true at all, DJ, and given what we've learned about Randy's life since then, I'd say it wouldn't have worked out and one or both parties knew that.

Bernie dumped a beer on Glenn's head and he was invited back.

Felder and Glenn nearly came to blows on stage and backstage in 1980. Felder was asked back for the reunion.

I fail to see why a reported 'fight' backstage between Glenn and Randy would preclude Randy being asked back.
    You fail to see it, because these two things have nothing to do with each other. Or if they do, I'm a bit surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Randy wasn't involved in the HFO Reunion because Glenn decided it was a resumption. A great credit to Glenn as Randy was, by far, the obvious choice of Reunion bassist.
    I was speaking of the History tour, where Bernie was asked back, and it would have been nice, in everyone's eyes, to have Randy there as well. Randy was NOT a perfect choice for the Resumption/Reunion tour as he wasn't a member of the Eagles when the band split. Timothy was the bassist, and it would be ignorant beyond words to turn him away and go after someone who'd quit. Kind of how I feel about David Lee Roth being back in Van Halen. They were one of my top three bands until they dumped Sammy. I don't care that DLR was the original and in their minds a better fit, it was an ignorant move. It makes me feel quite justified to hear all the reports that Roth is murdering the vocals on their latest tour. (Sorry for the little rant there, but sometimes you reap what you sow).
    VK

Stuck on the Border

There's an interview from the 80s where Glenn said the bassists never gave him any trouble, just the guitarists, so it sounded like he no longer bore a grudge for the backstage "fight". However, I'm sure the decisions about who would be in the reunion/resumption were made by Henley and Azoff, just as much as Frey and that Timothy was a much safer choice.

Stuck on the Border

One of the bassists left because he'd had enough, and one was sad when the band split and he lost the job he loved. Personally I prefer Randy to Timothy, but to me there's no question who was the right guy to call when they decided to reunite.

Especially when Randy quit because he didn't want to sing one of their biggest hits? One that would be expected to be performed night after night if he were there for HFO? I seriously doubt it even crossed their mind to ask him back, especially when Timothy was already an Eagle.
    VK

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Didn't Glenn dedicate TITTL to Randy at the shows for the HOTE Tour? If so, I'm inclined to believe that they would've had Randy back if he'd been physical able to handle the tour. As for HFO, since it was a resumption, it only msde sense for Timothy to be the bassist. I love Randy and Timothy almost equally, so I really don't have a preference.

Oh btw, VA, I completely agree with you on Van Halen.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Both Randy and Bernie were invited to join the HOTE tour. Bernie said yes, Randy's wife said no.
    Funk, is that your hunch about Randy's wife or do you have a source for that?

I borrowed the book from the library, glad I didn't waste my money on it. I got very tired of hearing "the Gods" references pretty quickly. For the Felder fans to get upset when Glen & Don called him "Mr Felder" is petty since Felder is his name while I have never heard Glen God Frey.
    It was just a petty list of the million things that you did to annoy while I act all innocent that got to me. I didn't finish reading it.
    It was the 70's, no one was innocent in that band.