Page 38 of 116 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Out on the Border

Question Re: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Well Soda, I read the Terms and Conditions and my understanding is that personal attacks refer to other people that POST on this Forum. I don't see any Posts by either members of the Eagles I am talking about. I will refrain from name calling, but an Administrator that insists on people that post here to sweep the truth under the rug doesn't change the facts. Saying something negative about what they did to other members of what was once a great band is not allowed?

Mike T.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

The Netiquette Guidelines state the following:

8. Be respectful of the band and individual band members. Since this is a message board for fans, you will not get a lot of sympathy here if you post solely for the purpose of trashing the band or one of its members. We are by no means saying that you can't criticize the band or any of the individual band members. Sometimes they are worthy of criticism. But again, follow the basic rules of common courtesy and respect when doing so. For example, even if you don't like a particular band (or former or supporting) member, be respectful of the band member and his fans when stating your opinion. Conversely, if you happen to love only one of the guys, be aware that not everyone may share your view. For those who join up simply to say that they hate the Eagles... go spend your time more productively elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

Out on the Border

Smile Re: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

I didn't join up just to trash Don or Glenn. I was looking for more information about the Law Suit that Don Felder filed against them and to read opinions about Felder's book. Every story has two sides, so I didn't want to accept everything Don Felder said about what led to him being fired from the band as Gospel. Some of the things I picked up were that Don Felder didn't want to tour as much as Don and Glenn, sometimes he didn't show up for rehearsal, and generally complained about a lot of things. Don and Glenn felt he was disruptive to the band. However, trying to get rid an original partner in Eagles Inc is a lot more complicated (legally) than just saying "Your Fired". That might work for The Donald, but not when all that money is being taken away for a stock holder.

I don't hate the Eagles. On the contrary, the Eagles have been my all-time favorite group. So I don't appreciate it when someone tells me to spend my time elsewhere. I've come to read what others have to say, learn some things I didn't know, and express my opinion. Gushing all over band members and over looking giving the other members the shaft is not exactly straight up, is it?

I posted a reply to the Moderator that I would tone down the name calling, but I have not changed my opinion.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Mike, if you genuinely want to participate in discussions about the Eagles and you'll refrain from name calling - play nice, so to speak - you're welcome here.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Smile Re: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Thanks,

Mike T.

Book Review: Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles 1974-2001 by Don Felder

"For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Interesting review. I'd also like to hear the other members' versions, from their viewpoints. Frey has never, to my knowledge, said anything negative about Felder, has remained fairly silent on this particular topic, to his credit.

As for the "gods" remark we're all familiar with, Frey was and still is the undisputed founder and leader of the Eagles, along with Henley, both of whom were, and still are, the driving force that keeps them in the spotlight.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - I think most all of us Eagles fans would love to hear any of the other members tell their side of the story (at least what they can remember ). It's a fascinating story to tell - that's for sure! I know I've got my fingers crossed that some of the others will decide to speak out one day, although I'm not really counting on it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'd also like to hear the other members' versions, from their viewpoints.
    Same here. Henley has talked about writing an autobiography and I sure hope he does. Glenn has also mentioned writing one, although not as often as Henley has. They have led fascinating lives and I would love to hear more about their experiences.

The reviewer mentions Fleetwood Mac. Mick Fleetwood wrote a book about the band back in 1990 that contained far more shockers than Heaven and Hell. The explosive fight that precipitated Lindsey Buckingham's exit from the band in 1987 makes Felder's firing look like a cakewalk. All Felder got was a letter. No one tried to choke him!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The explosive fight that precipitated Lindsey Buckingham's exit from the band in 1987 makes Felder's firing look like a cakewalk. All Felder got was a letter. No one tried to choke him!
    Heh heh, Amazon, here I come.....

And it's done....anticipation is making me wait.......
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.