Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Stuck on the Border

The truth? I am sorry, but he means his version of the truth. As for the other things he says he wanted the book to be, I got nothing of that out of it. I will restrain myself from reflecting on what I thought of the 'great sense of who I am' part.

When, I would like to know, did Frey and Henley berate Felder's talents and humiliate him? As for the patronising stuff about Frey needing 'therapy' Felder admits in the book that he was out of it on drugs most of the time himself. Who is he to preach?

As for Frey and Henley being 'self-involved'? Hello pot, meet kettle.

Again I say that there obviously has to be some truth in Felder's book but without Frey and Henley's version does he really expect it to be taken as complete gospel?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower

As for Frey and Henley being 'self-involved'? Hello pot, meet kettle.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I've recently been in a discussion about this and it seems when you say that Felder just might have misrepresented Glenn, even just a little, you're slammed for favoring him. Well, I think it's very naive to think that Felder has been 100% accurate in his portrayals. I think he was very hurt by Glenn and that probably colored his perceptions, so he was speaking with honest emotion.

But remember: "Don't believe everything you read." Let's exercise some critical thinking skills here.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I have tried very hard not to let my preference for Glenn affect how I feel about this book. If Felder had made even ONE positive statement about Glenn, just one, I may have found it easier to accept what he said. I said elsewhere that Glenn's arrogance and need for control is emphasised in this book and I don't have a problem with that. But I cannot believe that Glenn is as totally without redeeming qualities as Felder paints him. I'm not going to go into a spiel about what I consider Glenn's good points, but I think one of them is his generosity to his bandmates, including Felder. He consistently praised Felder after the band split, which Felder appears to have forgotten.

OH MY FP!!!! I LOVE your sig!!!

Stuck on the Border

Thanks, it's one of Maleah's fabulous efforts.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Sentinel
    He hopes that Heaven and Hell might also be educational.

"There were a lot of learning experiences," he says. "If there's anybody that has had that American dream of wanting to live that life of a rock star, I wanted them to know that there are some pitfalls along the way.

"I wanted to leave some sign posts there for younger readers, some cautionary warnings about what not to do."

- Jim Abbott
    Educational?

Ok, do you think that book will be added to the curriculum anytime soon?

Younger (?) readers will certainly be reading it! I know I'd like to have my tween reading it!

This is actually funny beyond words!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Default Felder's Book

Easy read and luckily I borowed the book from my local library so I didn't have to pay to read a re-hash of Marc Eliot's book. Glad I didn't waste my money. Can't imagine why anyone tried to block Felder's book. The only dish here were left-overs. HoHum!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow

Default Re: Felder's Book

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn
    Can't imagine why anyone tried to block Felder's book. The only dish here were left-overs. HoHum!
    LOL!