Page 41 of 116 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Thread: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eve View Post
    "Almost Famous" did pretty good. Change the names to protect the guilty/innocent. The people that bought the book would go see it as I am sure every one of the people here would as well. Whether they would admit to it or not would be another thing.
    If I went to see it I would certainly admit to going to see it. I just very much doubt that it would work very well unless perhaps they focused less on the musical side & more on his personal life.

I honestly think it's time he moved on from this because he was fired ten years ago. I would be more interested in new music from him.

Stuck on the Border

I just read the book for about the 2nd or 3rd time. My impressions haven't changed... I want to hear all sides of the story but to me Felder in some parts really tries to play the "victim" too much. I'm sure he made mistakes or said things too.

As far as a movie, I have no clue how that would or could happen. I'll watch it, but I really need to hear the other sides of the story, particularly "The Gods" version of it.
    All in all, I'm glad I bought the book so I could read it and add it to my Eagles book collection but I'm not gonna say my final thoughts until I hear the other stories, which may never happen. I don't think we can piece this together to form what's true or false with just one guy's story of what happened.

I still think Felder is a great guitar player, no doubt, and is very talented, but I get a little tired of him playing the role of the "victim" all the time.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    I'm not sure how they could do a movie about Felder's life as an Eagle if the Eagles aren't in the movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I imagine that if they did it, they'd simply have actors playing everyone, including Felder.
    Well I just realized that I didn't make myself very clear here. I really didn't mean this in the sense that the real Eagles would be in the movie. Of course, we know that'll never happen -probably couldn't even use any video or footage of the real band. What I meant is that it wouldn't make sense to make a movie about the book and write the band out of the plot or use fictional characters since the book is primarily about the band.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Sorry, dreamer, I did indeed misunderstand you. I agree that the "change the name" premise is unworkable. When you market a film by saying it's based on Felder's tenure with the Eagles, changing names would serve no purpose except to remove any vestiges of authenticity from the project. I can hear the trailer now: "Based on Don Felder's time in the Eagles, a new movie is being brought to you called The Beagles. Watch as Ben Rye, Ron Finley, Ernie Breadon, Andy Geisner, and Ron Pelder rocket to stardom, only to fall apart due to Rye and Finley's greed - aided and abetted by double-dealing manager Merv Tazeoff!"

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Sorry, dreamer, I did indeed misunderstand you. I agree that the "change the name" premise is unworkable. When you market a film by saying it's based on Felder's time in the Eagles, changing names would serve no purpose except to remove any vestiges of authenticity from the project. I can hear the trailer now: "Based on Don Felder's time in the Eagles, a new movie is coming out called The Beagles. Watch as Ben Rye, Ron Finley, Ernie Breadon, Andy Geisner, and Ron Pelder rocket to stardom, only to fall apart due to Rye and Finley's greed - aided and abetted by double-dealing manager Merv Tazeoff!"
    LOL

MikeA

Ernie Breadon??? Blasphemy!!! And funny as you-know-what. Everyone's on a roll today.....or is it a biscuit?We're all smarmily clever(I'm sure smarmily is a legit word)
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

That is too funny, Soda. But I can't believe that Moe Balsh and Jiminy P. Crick didn't get parts in the film. It won't be the same without them. Probably a decision by the film's country oriented producer, Lynn Thoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    That is too funny, Soda. But I can't believe that Moe Balsh and Jiminy P. Crick didn't get parts in the film. It won't be the same without them. Probably a decision by the film's country oriented producer, Lynn Thoms.

I have just been reading the book too. So much of it was about Felder's personal background and journey to Eagles-hood, plus his thoughts and opinions... I just can't see how they could make a movie out of that without including all the other Eagles' backstories and opinions - which they haven't all made public yet. It would be a bit like looking at a flower that only has one petal - I'd spend my whole time wishing for the rest of it!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I agree. I wonder what Phil Mzymczyk would have to say about this?

Austin - I think you must have been reading my mind.