Page 57 of 116 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Thread: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Felder's "Heaven and Hell" Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I did not think it was written in a hyped up tabloid style, grossly unfair & hostile to Glenn, & a lesser extent Don Henley...Self-centered???? It's a BIO, isn't that what it's supposed to be????? I also don't think he plays a blameless victim here...He took a lot of the blame for things that went wrong in various parts of his life...Everyone makes mistakes.... It's how you look back on it, that reflection on it that can bring some peace of mind. He knows he made mistakes, just like they all did.

My advice would be to read for yourself & form your own opinion...You will learn about Felder's childhood & early days & how he learned to play guitar. It was all interesting to me.
    TK, because you basically agree with Don Felder about Glenn you would not have noticed the endless hostility & outright dismissal of the man's talents throughout the book, which extended to such gems as claiming Glenn was bipolar & should have had therapy. He tries grudgingly to praise Henley's talents but most of the time Henley gets lumped in with Frey as 'the Gods'; the evil duo who ruined Felder's life. So for you just to say to me you didn't think it was what I said; OK. That is hardly going to make me change my opinion. We were asked for opinions & I gave mine. My view of the book is negative; yes. I believe that in this case negative opinions should be considered just as much as positive ones.

Also, TK, I am saying nothing here that I have not already said many times, so I am not sure why you are now so outraged by what I said.
    Last edited by Freypower; 05-23-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    TK, because you basically agree with Don Felder about Glenn you would not have noticed the endless hostility & outright dismissal of the man's talents throughout the book, which extended to such gems as claiming Glenn was bipolar & should have had therapy. He tries grudgingly to praise Henley's talents but most of the time Henley gets lumped in with Frey as 'the Gods'; the evil duo who ruined Felder's life. So for you just to say to me you didn't think it was what I said; OK. That is hardly going to make me change my opinion. We were asked for opinions & I gave mine. My view of the book is negative; yes. I believe that in this case negative opinions should be considered just as much as positive ones.

Also, TK, I am saying nothing here that I have not already said many times, so I am not sure why you are now so outraged by what I said.
    Indeed. It has been said many times by Don H that Glenn deliberately, as the leader of the band, stepped back in the latter part of the seventies so that the others could shine and sort of satisfy their egos. But in his book Don F suggests that Glenn just couldn't do it anymore, and that's why he was more in the background.

I know this is a long thread and a bit of a dauntingly time-consuming read, but to those who want to know what people's reactions are to the book, it's worth reading the thread in its entirely. Over the years since the book's release in 2007, many people have gone into a great deal of detail about their opinions and honestly in my own case I don't want to type it all out again, lol.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I know this is a long thread and a bit of a dauntingly time-consuming read, but to those who want to know what people's reactions are to the book, it's worth reading the thread its entirely. Over the years since the book's release in 2007, many people have gone into a great deal of detail about their opinions and honestly in my own case I don't want to type it all out again, lol.
    I recognize myself in this criticism. Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

FP, Where did I say I was outraged??? I didn't say that. I only disagreed with some of what you said, which I felt was a bit exaggerated... And, no I don't agree with everything Felder said, but it's his book & his opinions....I said that he admitted to having faults & not always doing the right thing. I gave my opinion, as you gave yours, that's all. It was not meant to argue with you.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I recognize myself in this criticism. Point taken.
    I wasn't directing it at any one person. I just meant that it was a good idea if people were curious about others' opinions.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I wasn't directing it at any one person. I just meant that it was a good idea if people were curious about others' opinions.
    I didn't think it was directed at me. I meant that I was one of those people...

I don't remember ever having to read so many posts of explanation on The Border before. "I didn't mean that", "I didn't say that"...it makes me tired.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

There's always a few that take everything someone else says the wrong way, it's a sure thing in here anymore. That's the main reason several of us have literally stopped posting. Too much hassle over minor stuff.

Everyone sees the book differently. No need to get angry with anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I don't remember ever having to read so many posts of explanation on The Border before. "I didn't mean that", "I didn't say that"...it makes me tired.
    You've got that right!!!! And it happens often and in several threads.
    He sings it high, he plays it low