Thread: Buying from overseas

Border Troubadour

Default Buying from overseas

Just a couple of questions though I probably won't be able to anyway... but....

...if I wanted to get tickets to one of Don's shows in the States do I have to have an American Express Card?

...and are the general tickets snapped up quickly. I mean we've five or six hour time gap over here?
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Buying from overseas

Each page on Ticketmaster or LiveNation or, in Philly's case, the venue website, lists what's needed for presales. For Ticketmaster, you need an American Express card. For Livenation, you need a CitiSelect card. Generally, the venues and LiveNation have other presales that start a day or two after the AmEx and Citi presales, you need to check for that.

The general tickets will go fast. I can't remember what the offset is, 4 hours from Eastern time? I'm typing this at 10:45 Eastern, so that should help you. Just make sure you log in at 10am venue local time and click quickly.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

Thanks VA, I'm afraid a CitiSelect card means absolutely nothing to me I was wondering whether the likes of PayPal work for tickets in the States.

I saw your message at 3.45pm here so that's five hours in the difference.

I'm really running on 'wishful thinking' here as it's highly unlikely I'll be able to go anyway unless I meet a Sugar Daddy in the next few days...and if his name happened to be Don Henley....

You guys just don't realise how lucky you are overthere with OPTIONS - what I'd give to be able to see Don once!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I wouldn't dismiss the idea of him not doing the UK. He's moving all over the country here in one shot instead of 'regional tour legs', which in my opinion leaves the door open to doing the UK or elsewhere, in the winter. Then maybe back here later. Purely a guess with nothing to back it, but the cities that have been announced point to a more 'complete' package or a 'first run around the States' package.

I've never seen a paypal option for Ticketmaster, but it could be there. I only use PayPal when it's an absolute last resort. It would not be accepted for a presale that's listed as AmEx or CitiSelect. I believe Citi Select is a premium Citibank card, but I'm not sure. Ticketmaster leans the AmEx way and LiveNation leans the Citi way. I've never gotten a Citi card, I suppose I should.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

We are 5 hours behind DD. If its any help I'm thinking of going to Atlanta but I don't have an AMEX
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP