Of course they all loved The Beatles, Beach Boys, stuff that came out before, but I was hoping we'd stick to their contemporaries, in the 70s... A lot of bands don't usually give credit to others unless they REALLY mean it.

I tried looking for something similar in the history of other posts to avoid redundancy, didn't see any. Doesn't matter if they are no longer members either.

I know Glenn in particular said he loved Steely Dan, and that they were an influence on their songwriting.

I also just read part of the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and how Glenn also listened to Neil Young and Al Green for example.

As an aside, I wonder if any were fans of Supertramp, to me, the most underrated band ever. They just were never in the news - no known drug problems, very civilized, never trashed hotels, no rumors of infidelity, just the music. As much as I love Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, The Who, as I check back on newspapers.com so many of the stories were about sex and drugs, but not the music......