Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Don at 92nd Street Y (Kaufmann Concert Hall) in New York, NY - 9/20/15

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Don at 92nd Street Y (Kaufmann Concert Hall) in New York, NY - 9/20/15

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post

Misunderstood Eagles or Don Henley song?
    Talks about a church in Oklahoma that thought The Eagles were part of Desperado. Some kind of army. I couldn't hear that part, but he brought the people who kidnapped Patty Hearst.
    Billy Joel mentioned Hotel California. Don talked about the church (or pastor) in Oklahoma who thought that the Eagles were members of the church of Satan and had studied under someone who had a group out in California.

Don also mentioned Desperado. Not long after the song's (or album's) release, some guy wrote to the record company, and he thought that the it was about the group that kidnapped Patty Hurst.

----------------------------

That's what I got from it. I streamed it on my phone, but my phone didn't want to cooperate, so I missed some parts.

Yahoo will be running the podcast for 24 hours continously, so if anyone missed it and wants to watch it, they can.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Default Re: Don at 92nd Street Y (Kaufmann Concert Hall) in New York, NY - 9/20/15

Thanks, AG. I didn't get everything from that part. I was trying to listen and type at the same time. I forgot I didn't finished those lines Don was a distraction. Just kidding.

It will also be on the 92ndY website real soon.

Thanks, AG. I didn't get everything from that part. I was trying to listen and type at the same time. I forgot I didn't finished those lines Don was a distraction. Just kidding.

It will also be on the 92ndY website real soon.
    You're welcome
    I was dealing with an overheating phone that was nearly dead. (I forgot about the show until I logged on here at a little past 5 pm).

I can see why Don could be distracting. He looked great, and he and Billy both made me laugh quite alot.
    -Kim-

I'm going to add that to my notes. If that's ok.

I'm going to add that to my notes. If that's ok.
    Sure. Go ahead .
    -Kim-

Thanks. It was kinda hard to type and listen to what they were saying at the same time.

Sometimes Billy wasn't asking questions and then I was trying to listen to what Don was saying.

Thanks. It was kinda hard to type and listen to what they were saying at the same time.

Sometimes Billy wasn't asking questions and then I was trying to listen to what Don was saying.
    I honestly didn't think about taking notes. Thanks for doing that Shun.

A few of my tidbits:

I loved when Billy joked about wishing that he could write songs like the ones on Cass County. The ensuing conversation was very cool and funny.

I'm adding Walden Woods to my "places I want visit" list.

I love Don's idea of how to write a song. If something comes to mind, write it down on a scrap piece of paper, and put in a box. When it comes time to write, go through the box. Also, the "do menial tasks instead of just sitting down with a pen and paper" thing seems like a good idea. I loved trying to picture Don loading and unloading the dishwasher.
    -Kim-

And don't forget the shower.

I hope Don encouraging Billy to write and put out music will get Billy to do it again. I would love to see those two sing together and write a song together.

Yea he can come empty my dishwasher in about 15 minutes.
    He also mentioned advising his son against going into any business where your supposed copywritten material is no longer protected. I understand his point about youtube but then again I also disagree. I bought a ton of music from artists I had forgotten about from the 70's & 80;s on itunes because I saw one of their videos on youtube. I wouldn't have otherwise bought that album if it weren't for youtube. It is a double edged sword.

And don't forget the shower.

I hope Don encouraging Billy to write and put out music will get Billy to do it again. I would love to see those two sing together and write a song together.
    No,can't forget about the shower. What a nice image in my head!

I agree. I'd love for them to collaborate together.
    -Kim-