Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Don at 92nd Street Y (Kaufmann Concert Hall) in New York, NY - 9/20/15

Default Re: Don at 92nd Street Y (Kaufmann Concert Hall) in New York, NY - 9/20/15

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Thanks. It was kinda hard to type and listen to what they were saying at the same time.

Sometimes Billy wasn't asking questions and then I was trying to listen to what Don was saying.
    Shun, honestly, you should get some kind of special award for sheer dedication. Notes on the show? You're awesome.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Don at 92nd Street Y (Kaufmann Concert Hall) in New York, NY - 9/20/15

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    Yea he can come empty my dishwasher in about 15 minutes.
    He also mentioned advising his son against going into any business where your supposed copywritten material is no longer protected. I understand his point about youtube but then again I also disagree. I bought a ton of music from artists I had forgotten about from the 70's & 80;s on itunes because I saw one of their videos on youtube. I wouldn't have otherwise bought that album if it weren't for youtube. It is a double edged sword.
    I've stated my opinion on youtube before. If it wasn't for youtube, I wouldn't be a Don Henley or a Glenn Frey fan. I'd still be a casual Eagles fan. I'm grateful for my uncle playing the Boys of Summer video. I use youtube and other things (mainly Spotify) to find new music and to listen to music on my phone. I buy physical music as much as I can. (I've run out of room for records).

I agree that it is a double edged sword. I have music pals online who get ahold of music illegally. I'm young and I grew up with the internet as it involved, but I can't fathom doing that. I'm glad for the youtube channels that are the artist's name with a hashtag. Ieç #Donhenley.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I have to admit. I wasn't a fan of YouTube(facebook, Pandora and Iheart too), but than I started to like it. I found so many videos I haven't seen in years. I do download them from YouTube, but I only watched for entertainment. Now if Don had said this when YouTube first came out, I would had definitely agree with him.

Hey Shun, kudos for the transcript of the interview! I was sitting there and couldn't think how I was going to remember it all!
    Some thoughts on it for me:

Billy started right off with saying he's never done this sort of thing before, interviewing someone this way, and he had a couple of pages of notes to work with that he kept going back and forth with. Luckily he was already familiar with his interviewee!

Don seemed to get more relaxed as he and Billy talked, which was fun because it became more like they were having a conversation among friends, and the slides to impromptu singing of the same line in a song, and the friendly digs about what they did or were doing in their lives were cool!

It's been said in other places here that Don's recall of the past is amazing. It was pretty amazing seeing him do that today. Names, places and dates for some of the things they talked about, YIKES he's got an incredible memory!

Loved how Don was egging Billy on to write more music. There is definitely more in the both of them, and maybe Billy will get a charge out of this encouragement from a friend and colleague. Take little steps Billy, keep writing the music and send it to Don for the words! He said he'd love to work with you!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - Once again thanks for all the hard work, Shun. I read through this thread, but definitely want to watch it when I get a chance.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

You're welcome. I'm relistening to it right now to add more to the notes.

Here are some screencaps from tonight. These are mine I took on my phone.

Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-20-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Shun, you ROCK. Thank you so much!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten