Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What old chestnuts will Joe play / should Joe play on the fall tour?

Default What old chestnuts will Joe play / should Joe play on the fall tour?

Joe has promised to go "back in the catalog to dig out some songs that I haven’t ever played live".

Any predictions on what those will be - or any wishes as to what they will be?

I'd love to hear some more of his intense, emotional songs. I get that he can rock hard and blow everyone away with his blazing guitar, but I like the "serious side" too.

One that came to mind is the sexy "Slow Dancing" - I think it's his hottest song.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Default Re: What old chestnuts will Joe play / should Joe play on the fall tour?

Joe's solo shows are always on the short side, as the yobbish element of his audience wont let him play his less rocky material. It's on the rockier stuff that he truly excels but I'm really hoping, now he's in his mid sixties, that he can play some of the more delicate stuff that he couldn't get away with pre HFO.

Slow Dancing would be great, although it's not written by Joe. I'd like him to play the whole of side one of Barnstorm, definitely Decades, plus a chunk of one of his other great albums.

Joe Vitale playing the flute, maybe singing Days Gone By, Bookends or School Days too if it extends the length of the concert.

I'm pretty sure Joe will let his backing singers sing a song too. Very interesting to see Lois Mahalia singing Hotel California. I'm sure his audience would love to hear that played.

Default Re: What old chestnuts will Joe play / should Joe play on the fall tour?

ILBTs
    All Night Laundry Mat Blues
    Coyote Love
    Ordinary Average Guy
    Space Age Whiz Kids

That's my request list.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    ILBTs
    Coyote Love
    Ordinary Average Guy
    Space Age Whiz Kids

That's my request list.
    I actually saw a video of Joe doing ILBT. It was back in 2012 when Analog Man was coming out. I think he said a few days after that concert. I forgot what city it was. I love Ordinary Average Guy. Does anybody know when the last time he played that song in concert. I know it was part of the HFO setlist.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

shun - Joe sang Ordinary Average Guy at the Party of Two show in Aspen in 9/10 that several of us Borderers attended. He also played it in Atlantic City when I saw him solo in 5/07. I don't think he's played it at any solo gig since these shows, but I definitely can't say for sure. I can't recall it being in the set list for any shows after 2010.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I know it's silly, but I love this song, and I would get a real kick out of him playing it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

ILBTs
    Coyote Love
    Ordinary Average Guy
    Space Age Whiz Kids

That's my request list.
    If Joe's going to play tracks he's never played before. you're going to be out of luck Walshfan88. Joe's played. He's played all them, ILBTs and Ordinary Average Guy quite a lot, except Coyote Love, which would be a real treat.
    Last edited by Funk 50; 08-25-2015 at 07:30 AM.

Haha my list was totally sarcastic and not meant to be taken seriously...I tried to pick the silliest songs for the list.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Banned

I let it go the first time but I'm getting a bit rattled with posters calling Joe's songs silly.

Joe took some convincing to release Life's Been Good. I really think he would have kept it private if he realised he'd have to perform it at every gig for the rest of his life. In fact, I'd say the same is true of Funk #49.

At a recent solo show, Don Henley covered Kool And The Gang's Funky Stuff. I guess he just got tired of performing tracks with profound lyrical content.

I'm thinking if Joe plays a lot of unchallenging tracks and some primarily instrumental pieces, he'll be on stage for longer.

Even at the height of their popularity, Genesis would do a lengthy instrumental medley from their earliest albums that was always very well received. I'd love Joe to throw in an instrumental medley, as well as The Bomber of course.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'd love to hear One Day at a Time and Walk Away.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016