I did see the Eagles Long Road Out Of Eden show. I thought it was a great show but the 4 new songs that opened the show, 3 of them covers, were pretty lame compared to Song 5, Hotel California. It was almost like they were being their own support act.

I've seen Billy Joel twice. Really enjoyed the first show and the opening (new) song of the second show. After that I felt like I was watching a rerun. I haven't and wouldn't see him again.

The second time I saw Genesis, they dropped 3 of the top 5 tracks from the previous show but they were still top notch.

Two moments that I found memorably misplaced and probably affected my enjoyment of those shows, were firstly, Graham Nash telling us that the song they were about to play, was the first time that they'd performed it, live in 20 years. The concert, at which, he announced this was the first CSN show in the area for 30 years. I'd guess that, almost the entire audience were witnessing every song for the first time live.

Secondly, Eagles headlining the first night of a three day festival and Henley telling us that it's the last show of the Eagles European tour.

Two bands that have spent too long playing the same songs to the same audience.