Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Future Eagles Projects

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Future Eagles Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    ... Glenn slipped out of his comfort zone for After Hours.
    I don't know about this, F50. This could be true, but it's possible it may have been the other way around and he slipped into his comfort zone with the album. Either way, it's not necessarily a bad thing, IMO.

According to Joe the Eagles have finished new songs since LROOE so they have continued to work together creatively and they've found a workable method of producing new material. The internet allows them to do the bulk of the toil without them being together at the same location, which must be highly beneficial.
    Can you remember when Joe stated that the Eagles have finished material? I vaguely recall him mentioning that they had been working on some songs, but I could be mistaken. Of course, working on stuff can be very different for these guys than finished stuff.

After ignoring the existence of Long Road Out Of Eden during the History Of The Eagles Tour, a follow up shouldn't be too daunting. Arguably, it'd be easier than producing a solo album, maybe not as satisfying though.
    Sorry, but what's easy is for armchair quarterbacks to sit back and proclaim how easy it is. For this band of perfectionist, it is apparently a very grueling process. As I said before, I don't think it's a matter of can they do it, it's more about if they want to do it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I would like to see some sort of link to any statement made by Joe about new Eagles songs. Until I see it I will remain sceptical. Sorry.
    Last edited by Freypower; 10-25-2015 at 06:02 PM.

First, I'll say that I agree, that this band's best album has not yet been recorded. Maybe a couple reasons for that. Also, the internet is a great and powerful tool, and if this band started in 1972 and has kept up with technology and it's uses, more power to them. Even if their children taught them how to use it.

It's just that the off ramp to mortality is so much closer now than the on ramp to opportunity used to be. Even if it was a great ride, a lot is in the rearview mirror at this point.

Often, people in the entertainment business are elevated to an extreme status by those around them and those in their crowds, but they're still just people (sorry, rock stars, now they know).

What's easy is being judgemental, game day or Monday morning, regardless of seats in the nosebleed section or best seats in the house.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Sorry, but what's easy is for armchair quarterbacks to sit back and proclaim how easy it is. For this band of perfectionist, it is apparently a very grueling process. As I said before, I don't think it's a matter of can they do it, it's more about if they want to do it.
    I'm quite aware of the struggles Eagles have recording in the past but even immediately after Long Road Out Of Eden was released, the band were reticent about saying it would be their last album. The internet has allowed them to change the way that they make albums.

If they've got new material "in the can" we can deduce that they've continued to work on new material, even though the release of it is indefinite and that they've actually finished some tracks.

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2014...-have-new.html (Cass County still top album by veteran artist at Amazon.com)
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...-ozzy-osbourne

Border Rebel

I'm quite aware of the struggles Eagles have recording in the past but even immediately after Long Road Out Of Eden was released, the band were reticent about saying it would be their last album. The internet has allowed them to change the way that they make albums.

If they've got new material "in the can" we can deduce that they've continued to work on new material, even though the release of it is indefinite and that they've actually finished some tracks.

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2014...-have-new.html (Cass County still top album by veteran artist at Amazon.com)
    Wow! I'm very happy to hear this! I sure hope that it does see the light of day at some point. It'd be a shame to see any new Eagles material remain unreleased.

Stuck on the Border

I'm sorry but I don't believe we can deduce any such thing. But thanks for providing the links.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for those links, F50. As I said, I did vaguely recall Joe mentioning this, but I couldn't remember exactly what he had said. I certainly hope something does come of this, but I really don't think we can draw any conclusions from what Joe said about whether or not there are finished tracks that will lead to a new album. I'm not trying to be pessimistic - just realistic. We can speculate all we want, but having "new material in the can" can mean anything from a couple of songs in rough draft to a near complete album or anywhere in between.

I agree the internet changes the recording process, but it doesn't write the songs. It took them 6 - 7 years to get Long Road Out of released and about the same amount of time for Don to release Cass County, which he first mentioned in 2009. Heck - it even took Glenn 2 - 3 years to release After Hours and all those songs were already written. But, I never say never - anything can happen with these guys. We'll just have to wait and see if they have the appetite to get it done.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I would like to see some sort of link to any statement made by Joe about new Eagles songs. Until I see it I will remain sceptical. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't believe we can deduce any such thing. But thanks for providing the links.
    Who's We? I knew I was wasting my time providing the links.

Isn't this the band that destroy all their studio out takes? Have they worked on new songs knowing that they are destined for the incinerator. Producing new material has been purgatory for Eagles in the past, Joe's comment shows that they still have an appetite to produce new material, the question is whether or not they will release it.

I get the impression from Henley's recent comments that the Eagles could be over without new music to present but, of course, you never say never and hell has frozen over in the past.

I believe there is always an Eagles future while Irv is involved.

Stuck on the Border

At the start of his promotional tour, it sounded like Henley might not be done with the Eagles, but recently he's sounding a lot more keen to continue with his solo projects. No doubt, the way "Cass County" has been received plays a part in this. It certainly sounds like 2016 will be another year out.

For myself, I'm happy for Don to continue to work on his solo projects but I wouldn't want them included in an Eagles show. If they're going to work together in the future, it has to be with them working as a group rather than a backing band for one person.

Even so, I can't see them resisting playing a few shows as a band each year just to keep it going.

Banned

This is a bit of a shocker! Looks like a partial HFO tour bootleg, as such includes Felder.
    It certainly aint the Rockin' Roots Of Eagles.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/eagles-r.../6000195400491

Doesn't seem to be available anywhere else. I've often wondered how the Eagles/Walmart relationship has developed since 2007.

Eagles - Rockin' Roots Of Eagles (2CD)

Track List

Victim Of Love
    New Kid In Town
    Wasted Time
    Pretty Maids All In A Row
    The Girl From Yesterday
    I Can't Tell You Why
    New York Minute
    Ordinary Average Guy
    Lyin' Eyes
    One Of These Nights