Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Road Out of Eden Survivor

Default Re: Long Road Out of Eden Survivor

"Somebody" gets my vote. But really, I like all of the remaining songs, and some of the ones already gone, so it is tough.

I'm going with Somebody again
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Border Rebel

I'll vote for Somebody, as well.

Again, it's difficult, because I like the song, but I'm voting for Somebody.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - I am totally shocked about the number of votes for Somebody. It has always seemed to be fan favorite in the past, finishing in the Top 5 in our previous Survivor games. Since there hasn't really been any discussion so far, I'd be very interested in hearing any comments about why folks think it should be eliminated at this juncture in the game. The reason I think it should stay is because to me, it is a really good song and better than several of the other remaining songs. It absolutely rocks and has everything a good song should - great lyrics, vocals, harmonies, melody, and music, and all delivered with such passion and energy.

I had lobbied to save Do Something when it was on the brink of elimination a few rounds ago, but I don't like it nearly as much as Somebody. I was in hopes that It's Your World Now or Center of the Universe would go this time because I feel like they are the weakest songs remaining. But, unfortunately, it looks like the only way to save Somebody is ban together and not to split the votes. So, if you want to save Somebody, join with me ...

SAVE SOMEBODY!!!

VOTE FOR DO SOMETHING!!!

I cast my vote for Do Something.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Rebel

Personally, I like Somebody, probably better than It's Your World Now or Center of the Universe. But people seemed to be voting for Somebody or Do Something, and I like Do Something better. In fact, I like all Timothy's songs, and they haven't fared well in these games.

I listened to Somebody and Do Something again today on my flight to the UK. I like both songs but I picked Somebody as although it's a great rockin tune, I just don't like how Glenn sounds on it, especially the chorus part.

And that's just my reason as it's going to get harder now to pick a song to vote out .....
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

I can't vote against Somebody or Do Something. I like both songs.

So I'm voting for Its Your World Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Wow - I am totally shocked about the number of votes for Somebody. It has always seemed to be fan favorite in the past, finishing in the Top 5 in our previous Survivor games. Since there hasn't really been any discussion so far, I'd be very interested in hearing any comments about why folks think it should be eliminated at this juncture in the game. The reason I think it should stay is because to me, it is a really good song and better than several of the other remaining songs. It absolutely rocks and has everything a good song should - great lyrics, vocals, harmonies, melody, and music, and all delivered with such passion and energy.

I had lobbied to save Do Something when it was on the brink of elimination a few rounds ago, but I don't like it nearly as much as Somebody. I was in hopes that It's Your World Now or Center of the Universe would go this time because I feel like they are the weakest songs remaining. But, unfortunately, it looks like the only way to save Somebody is ban together and not to split the votes. So, if you want to save Somebody, join with me ...

SAVE SOMEBODY!!!

VOTE FOR DO SOMETHING!!!

I cast my vote for Do Something.
    Dreamer, since you pointed out that there hasn't been much discussion, I'll add a bit. I don't dislike, "Somebody". It's just my least favorite of the remaining songs. Purely subjective. I listened to the album and sat aside my favorites. Then I compared what was left. It's hard for me to believe that "Somebody" performed so well in the past. Taste is a funny thing.
    "a full refund...in dollars and in karma"

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I've listened to my playlist consisting of the remaining tracks, and when I listened to the songs, my four top favourites have not changed but I felt that Do Something was my next favourite and under different circumstances I would not have considered voting for it this round. However, I've had to think very carefully before voting as Somebody - which is one of my top four - is in serious peril. Without doing the maths, I think Somebody would probably win on tie break, but as I think by this stage it seems that either Somebody or Do Something will go this round, I feel that if I vote for any other song this will make no difference in this round and will leave one of my big favourites at risk of elimination.

Therefore, regrettably, I feel I have to vote for Do Something. I guess I think I have to, ahem, do something to try to save Somebody.