Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Road Out of Eden Survivor

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Long Road Out of Eden Survivor

I love to watch a woman dance I find it drippy

... I really like the music and Don's sarcasm in FGOTBP.

and I loved FC - very disappointed
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Banned

I always try and vote for my least favourite but on this occasion I'm voting I Love To Watch A Woman Dance off. I 'm very fond of both Fast Company and I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. In a first round tie, they both should have gone.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ugh, I intended to try to get in here over the weekend to vote, but alas, I didn't! I knew when I heard about the game what my first vote would be and had I made it, that song would have been gone. Drat!

So, I vote for I Love to Watch a Woman Dance.

Sorry Glenn, I don't like this song even a little bit. You can do so much better. I even left it off my ipod when I downloaded this album.

ETA: Soda, do you always start these games on the weekend?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'm gonna go for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance again - still find it creepy and I don't like Glenn's vocals on it.

I really like the guitars and the tune of FGOTBP although I don't like Don's vocals on that either!!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border

In a vague defence of ILTWAWD.... I've never understood the 'creepy' stuff. The narrator is at a place where people are dancing. His eyes are drawn to this particular woman for the first verse. Then she invites him to dance with her and that's how the song progresses. What is the problem with that?

As for going so far as to not even like Glenn's vocals.... be harsh on the song as much as you wish, but in my view he sings it beautifully. I know it sounds more like a solo song but in fairness & unfortunately, so do the majority of his songs on this album. Why that is, I don't know.

My problem with it is that he didn't write it & that it is far too similar to For My Wedding, by the same writer. I wish he had made more of an effort to write more songs himself rather than relying on other writers (and I include Jack Tempchin in that; it is supposed to be an Eagles album).

As to the elimnation I believe we have had to use tiebreakers before in this situation. The rules are explained in the first post of the thread & are quite clear. I just happened to be on the computer when the question was asked.

For the record, I do like Frail Grasp On The Big Picture because it's a more unusual type of song (although it has to be said the lyrics could have come from Inside Job) and I do like the way Don sings it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    In a vague defence of ILTWAWD.... I've never understood the 'creepy' stuff. The narrator is at a place where people are dancing. His eyes are drawn to this particular woman for the first verse. Then she invites him to dance with her and that's how the song progresses. What is the problem with that?

As for going so far as to not even like Glenn's vocals.... be harsh on the song as much as you wish, but in my view he sings it beautifully. I know it sounds more like a solo song but in fairness & unfortunately, so do the majority of his songs on this album. Why that is, I don't know.
    The 'creepy' theme is the feeling that he's just watching her while she's dancing by herself i.e. watching her every move - it's a just weird even if she does invite him to dance, it just feels wrong.
    As for Glenn's vocals, I don't think he sang that beautifully at all, he can and does do so much better and its just comes off a bit dull and boring.
    But that's just my opinion....
    Last edited by L101; 11-03-2015 at 06:26 AM.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

I vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Soda, do you always start these games on the weekend?
    Not deliberately. Dreamer and I try to plan them so they don't hit major holidays and the like, but we don't set about to start them on a weekend. Since we've been playing these for nigh on a decade, I imagine at least a few of them weren't started on weekends, but honestly I couldn't give you any numbers on it.

Actually, this one didn't even start on a weekend unless you count Friday evening as part of the weekend.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm voting for Guilty of the Crime, again!
    There's not a lot that I don't like, or can kind of deal with, on this album, but this song I didn't bother to download to my computer.
    I like Fast Company and Frail Grasp, but I get why some wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

I wish he had made more of an effort to write more songs himself rather then relying on other writers (and I include Jack Tempchin in that; it is supposed to be an Eagles album).

As to the elimnation I believe we have had to use tiebreakers before in this situation. The rules are explained in the first post of the thread & are quite clear. I just happened to be on the computer when the question was asked.

For the record, I do like Frail Grasp On The Big Picture because it's a more unusual type of song (although it has to be said the lyrics could have come from Inside Job) and I do like the way Don sings it.
    I agree with you whole heartedly on all the above, FP!