Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Thread: Long Road Out of Eden Survivor

Default Re: Long Road Out of Eden Survivor

Congrats to Waiting In The Weeds. Well deserved win. One of my top 5 songs from the album.

What song won the last time?

Border Rebel

Great choice for the win! I was very happy with the last two songs in the contest, but while I love How Long for its harmonies, shared vocals and old-time Eagles feel, I feel WITW truly deserved the win. A beautiful, multi-layered song!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Congrats to Waiting In The Weeds. Well deserved win. One of my top 5 songs from the album.

What song won the last time?
    Waiting In The Weeds won the previous LROOE Survivor.

It may be time to do Cass County, in the New Year.

One of the best songs Henley ever wrote. I waiver between Waiting in the Weeds & Talking To the Moon, songs he seldom sings.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well done to Waiting in the Weeds - it is certainly worthy of its win. Thanks too to Soda and Dreamer for all their work on the Survivor games - anotehr successful game!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    One of the best songs Henley ever wrote. I waiver between Waiting in the Weeds & Talking To the Moon, songs he seldom sings.

WITW hasn't been sung live since the LROOE tour ended.

In fact, unless I am badly mistaken, the Australian tour at the end of 2010 marked the end of the LROOE tour & I possibly may be one of the last people on this board to have seen the song performed live.

I didn't join in as I've been busy and couldn't consistently vote.

That said I prefer How Long. Waiting In The Weeds isn't my kind of music.

In fact How Long and Busy Being Fabulous and Guilty Of The Crime were my favorite tracks on LROOE. The rest wasn't my thing.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It may be time to do Cass County, in the New Year.
    That's in the plan!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Yes, we plan on doing Cass County at the end of January. So, if you want to play and don't yet have it, better put it on your Christmas list!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Excellent idea, looking forward to playing already. It should be especially interesting to hear everybody's views on the individual tracks given how recently it was released.

I thoroughly enjoyed the LROOE Survivor, I think it was particularly fun for this album given the sheer number of tracks on the album. Also, some of the results were perhaps a bit different from expected. Although I am fond of You Are Not Alone, I did not expect it to finish in the top six, and I was surprised to see It's Your World Now outlast Do Something, while Somebody came very close to elimination in mid-game, which really surprised me.

I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by how well the title track fared, I thought the top three would be WITW, How Long and Somebody, and that Eden would probably be the fourth or fifth last song, so I was pleased that it was quite close to getting into the final. There really isn't much between Eden and Weeds in terms of quality IMO - both are magnificent - but I think I would probably have voted for Eden in the final had it come through.

On the flip side, one other thing that didn't surprise me was the bottom three - Frail Grasp, ILTWAWD and Fast Company all seem to be fairly unpopular on the board. I am actually a pretty big fan of Frail Grasp myself, but I will readily admit that the satirical humour and musical style is not for everyone, so I was quite pleased that it wasn't first to go. I like ILTWAWD okay, but personally I can't help but think it would have fitted better on a Glenn solo album (not necessarily After Hours), where his most dedicated fans would have still heard it and loved it. Fast Company does have some enjoyable aspects (I like the chorus and the bridge), but I think the main problem with it is that it recalls Life In The Fast Lane, a song it cannot hold a candle to.

My top five songs from the album:
    1. Long Road Out Of Eden
    2. Waiting In The Weeds
    3. How Long
    4. Somebody
    5. Do Something

Having said this, when I listen to the title track I usually listen to IDTWNW at the same time, even if those are the songs I'm listening to from the album.
    Last edited by Jonny Come Lately; 12-15-2015 at 08:18 PM.