Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn's Health

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn's Health prevents Eagles Participation in this years Kennedy Centre Honors

I hope you have a speedy recovery, Glenn. I will be praying for you and I wish you all the best.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I have that bootleg. The concert was recorded on August 28, 1986. It was to be the first time they had played together since the breakup - it was for one of Don's benefits to help the environment.

As far as I know, it went down like this:

1) 1986 - hospitalized but no surgery
    2) 1988ish - 1st surgery (before 1990 reunion, the breaking-off of which had nothing to do with Glenn's health, but it kept him from touring for Soul Searchin')
    3) 1994 - 2nd surgery

That's all I can gather from various interviews and such. I can't find an exact date for the first surgery, but I'm pretty sure it's what kept him home in 1988/1989 when he normally would have been promoting his album.

PS I am going to go ahead and move all these posts to Glenn's health thread.

PPS Stevie and Lindsey never did a one-off benefit in 1993, unless you count them performing "Don't Stop" with Fleetwood Mac for Clinton's inauguration. Felder is confused in more ways than one!
    Thank you Soda.

Remember that I DID see him in 1988 (August 5) & he had been here earlier that year at Expo in Brisbane (April 30)so I would have thought the surgery would have been in 1989.

Just to clarify, that antinuclear gig apparently included Lindsey, not Stevie, as well as Don & Tim, where Felder claims he was invited to join in & then Glenn apolgised for not being well enough. It was at Long Beach. The time frame he gives for this is around 1993. He may have decided to lump all these pre-reunion gigs together. For anyone who wants to look this up it is page 245 of Heaven & Hell, most of which page consists of whining about how badly Glenn treated him.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn's Health prevents Eagles Participation in this years Kennedy Centre Honors

Felder's book is a mess when talking about 1982-1993 (chapter 15). He describes lots of events, jumping back and forth in time. I tried to make sense of it and posted here. The sequence was something like 1982, 1992, 1985, 1989, 1990, 1993, 1990, 1986, 1993. Felder and his co-writer don't have a clue what was going on when in the lives of the other band members and may have been relying on Marc Eliot.

Stuck on the Border

Soda posted this in a retro thread:

People Magazine - January 15, 1990

BANDING BIRDS

Although their representatives won't confirm it, sources close to Glenn Frey and Don Henley say the two former Eagles will meet later this month and begin writing songs together with an eye toward an album and a possible tour.

Frey and Henley co-founded the Eagles in 1971 and remained the principal songwriters in the band until its demise in 1982. Both musicians prospered as solo artists during the '80s, but the sum of the parts never quite equaled the success of the whole.

Henley, whose most recent album was The End of the Innocence, is concluding a tour of Japan and Taiwan. Frey for the past several years has been battling diverticulitis, an intestinal inflammation, and underwent surgery just before Christmas to have two inches of his intestine removed. He spent the holidays recuperating at his mother's house in Florida but plans to get together with Henley as soon as he's up and around.
    So December 1989 for the first surgery.

Well, there you go! Thank you for finding that. I have such a wretched memory that I can't even recall my own posts!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks UtW. I had forgotten about him recooperating at his parents' home over Christmas.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I must say that bad and all as this news is I have been heartened by the amount of genuine fans who are sending so many good wishes to Glenn . Of course there will always be the few nasty comments but I think the mood on FB at least is generally very supportive of him. I'd love to think that he might be able to access at least some of them and know how loved and respected he actually is and how many people genuinely want to see him fully well again
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Have we heard or read something about Glenn before this news came out. I don't remember if Glenn did something after the end of the tour. I know Joe and Don were busy with touring, but I don't remember about Glenn. Wasn't he at a game?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Have we heard or read something about Glenn before this news came out. I don't remember if Glenn did something after the end of the tour. I know Joe and Don were busy with touring, but I don't remember about Glenn. Wasn't he at a game?
    That was Timothy. He was in NYC not long ago. If you look at the laat few pages of Timothy's photo thread, you'll see a photo of him and his son at a game.

I haven't heard or read anything about Glenn since July until now. I believe that I made a comment about how quiet Glenn was not long ago.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Blessings and prayers for s speedy recovery.
    Its sad that it has to be postponed but nice of them to do it.