Thread: Don Felder at the Beacon Theater NY Nov 7th

Default Don Felder at the Beacon Theater NY Nov 7th

OMG! I have seen Felder several times before but I have to say, he has gotten so much better vocally. This is the BEST I have seen him.
    I don't have the set list with me, as I am at work, ( or hardly working) but I will give more details in another post.

His band is solid & fabulous vocal harmonies. I hate to say but the Eagles songs sounded amazing!
    He did Victim of Love, 7 Bridges Road, Heartache Tonight, (will list more later)
    He was warm & jokingly said he was playing songs from a band he was in previously "The Beagles". Now some of you may not think that as funny, but it was just in good fun. He was having a blast up there. I was missing the Felder/ Walsh banter, but like I said his band is top notch.
    I would highly recommend seeing him Loved the whole show

Default Re: Don Felder at the Beacon Theater NY Nov 7th

Yep i saw him one night after you in morristown and his vocals surprised me as I had no idea if they would be good. I thought they were competent and filled in the songs nicely. Musically the eagles stuff was spot on.

Outlaw, I'm glad you enjoyed the show as I did. I do think he has some new better singers in his band, but as you said the Eagles songs sounded really good.

Of course he is best known for his guitar playing, & he did highlight that, but as I said before, overall the sound of the band & his vocals were much better than previous times I had seen him. He is also looking very good as well.

I’m glad you enjoyed the concert, TK. As for Don’s backing musicians, they’ve been with him for years and are very good. Keybordist Timothy Drury was a backup musician on the Eagles’ Hell Freezes Over tour. Bassist Shem von Schroeck has worked with Kenny Loggins and is also an opera singer. Guitarist Greg Suran has played with Joe Walsh. Drummer Steve DiStanislao is also part of David Gilmour’s touring band.

Here are some pictures from the concert:

SM...Thanks for posting those fabulous pictures. My pics from that night didn't come out great. My flash was going off & bothering people, so I stopped taking pictures.

Also thanks for the info on the band. When I saw him at Jones Beach, this past summer, maybe the acoustics weren't as good as at the Beacon since it was an outdoor show, but they also did some different songs that show as well..

Last time I saw him at the Beacon, was about 3 years ago & I don't think all these guys were with him for that show. He opened for Peter Frampton. The vocals just didn't sound as good as this time around. Could also be that Felder has had some vocal training & sounding a lot better.
    He's really worth seeing!

TK, when Don and Peter Frampton played together at the Beacon in 2013, they were accompanied by Peter’s backup musicians. Don didn’t have his band with him.

Awesome pics! I really need to him live.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    TK, when Don and Peter Frampton played together at the Beacon in 2013, they were accompanied by Peter’s backup musicians. Don didn’t have his band with him.
    Maybe, but when I saw him at Jones Beach he had his own band & they didn't sound as good as at the Beacon. It could be the outdoor acoustics, but I felt the vocals were better this time & overall they were better than in that show which was during the summer.