Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Randy's Performance @ The Capital Centre 1977

Out on the Border

Default Randy's Performance @ The Capital Centre 1977

I have been a long-time Eagles, and hard as it is to say, I didn't get really into them until after the member changes, break-up, and reunion. One of my very favorite songs is "Take it To The Limit". I'd been listening to this song for years on CD, but had never heard it performed live by Randy. My son brought his phone into the kitchen the other day while I was doing dishes and had it programmed to play the Eagles for me while I cleaned, because that's what I listen to when I work around the house. Well!! I had never heard this song live before (The Capital Centre, 1977), and I have to say I was totally blown away. It gave me goosebumps all over. I listened to it at least five times before my son wrestled his phone away from me. I thought it was a stunning performance. I see that he's having health problems, among other things going on in his life. I sincerely hope he can overcome these battles and wish him the very best.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Randy's Performance @ The Capital Centre 1977

Wow, Maud, had you been living under a rock? Never heard Take It to the Limit? Just kidding of course!

Welcome to the Border! There's tons of info here and you can learn all kinds of good stuff about our favorite band!

ETA: I see you said 'live'
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Welcome, Maud! Randy is indeed a very talented and special man. It's great that so many people have discovered or rediscovered him in the last several years, and are expressing their heartfelt wishes for his health and happiness.

P.S. Your son sounds like a sweet and thoughtful kid.

Capital Centre 1997 is Randy at his finest, IMO. Love that particular performance of TITTL so very much. So glad you have discovered it, too, Maud!

I agree with LUVTIM Maude, that was one of Randy's finest performances.
    You should check out the songs, Certain Kinda Fool, Midnight Flyer, Most of Us are Sad, Is It True just to name a few of the songs Randy was lead on in the Eagles. Welcome to the Border.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Border Desperado

There's another live version on You Tube..maybe fron 1976. Randy is wearing a white tee with some orang and yellow design on front..just like one that Joe wore ( or maybe the same one..haha. Listen to that and compare. It's good , but Capital Centre, 1977 is his masterpiece.

I love Glenn smiling with delight and Felder giving Randy a little two finger signal and Randy giving it back. ( wonder what that gesture was...it was kind of like a peace symbol shake.)

Out on the Border Jeremy Lawrence's Avatar

That Cap Centre rendition is almost to good to be live.
    -jl
    Jeremy Lawrence - Author
    "Already Gone: a Novel"
    http://smarturl.it/ey9snd
    https://www.facebook.com/alreadygonenovel/

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

This is my favorite performance of my fav Eagles song too!!! Randy was amazing in this and I too love how delighted Glenn was in this.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I really like Randy's live performances of TITTL. And clearly the audience and the other Eagles really enjoyed it as well. It's sad that this song was one of the causes of him leaving. I can understand he didn't want to be centre stage, but he really did a fabulous job live.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

The irony was that the Eagles had to retire this popular song when Randy left/was fired, as Timmy wouldn't sing it.

I wonder if Randy would have preferred singing "Try and Love Again." We'll never know I suppose, unless Joe can shed some light with his memoirs.