Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Randy's Performance @ The Capital Centre 1977

Default Re: Randy's Performance @ The Capital Centre 1977

Quote Originally Posted by randysgirl View Post
    Randy's 1977 Capital Center performance is the masterpiece. I always liked the song and had the record when it originally was released. Not until HOTE had I heard or seen a live version. I was totally mesmerized/blown away by this performance.
    That performance in HOTE is what led me to research Randy and that's how I found this board.
    Joe Walsh was correct when he said that Randy never knew how great he was.
    I totally agree RG. I have been a Eagles fan for a long time but did not know anything about the individual guys until after watching HOTE in February of this year. TITTL has always been my favorite song, I just did not who sang it other than the Eagles. I have watched that video over and over and can not get enough of it.
    I too started researching the Eagles and Randy and found this board. And I have learned quiet a lot since then ~ thanks to fellow borders!
    Prayers to Randy!!
    Last edited by East Texas Girl; 09-29-2016 at 10:27 AM.

I always liked the song, but I didn't appreciate how awesome it was until I saw Randy's live performances of it on YT. They've been pulled now but it was heartwarming to read all the positive comments about Randy. I agree, "a masterpiece".

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    There's another live version on You Tube..maybe fron 1976. Randy is wearing a white tee with some orang and yellow design on front..just like one that Joe wore ( or maybe the same one..haha. Listen to that and compare. It's good , but Capital Centre, 1977 is his masterpiece.

I love Glenn smiling with delight and Felder giving Randy a little two finger signal and Randy giving it back. ( wonder what that gesture was...it was kind of like a peace symbol shake.)
    To me, it looks like Don is motioning to the lighting guy to put the spotlight on Randy, knowing that Randy doesn't like that. Randy lightheartedly chastises him by wagging his finger at him. Sweet modesty!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...