About a year or so ago, there was a thread on the Eagles section of the board called 'This or That' which enabled Borderers to ask two-choice questions about just about anything Eagles-related. I thought it was good fun and I thought it would be interesting to have a go at a general music/non-Eagles version - we have fans of quite a lot of artists on here so I think we could go quite a long way with this game. Also, these sort of discussions are less likely to merit a full forum topic than Eagles-based discussions.

For anyone new here's the original thread:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=5313

(I have to apologise to Soda as some of my explanation is basically ripped off from her explanation of the original version. Please take it as a compliment for expressing how to play this game so well first time!)

As with the original version of the game, the first player gives two choices - 'this' and 'that'. The next player answers with their preferred choice, and gives their own two choices for the next round, and so on and so forth.

You can discuss pretty much anything general music-related. The only thing I would say is that if you wish to do Eagles-related questions, I would strongly suggest going back to the original 'This or That' thread rather than putting them in this thread:

Feel free to discuss your choices by all means, although don't feel you have to if you don't wish to.

Of course, don't forget to give your own 'this' or 'that' choice after answering the previous poster.

Example:

PERSON 1:

Preferred line up: Crosby, Stills and Nash or Crosby, Stills and Nash & Young?

PERSON 2:

Crosby, Stills and Nash & Young - I enjoy Neil Young as a solo artist more than I enjoy CSN, so I definitely prefer them with him in the group.

-----------

Wild West themed songs: Once Upon A Time In The West by Dire Straits or Wanted Dead Or Alive by Bon Jovi?

PERSON 3

Once Upon A Time In The West - it's one of my favourite Dire Straits songs, whereas I'm not a huge Bon Jovi fan.

-----------------

Pink Floyd albums - The Dark Side of the Moon or Wish You Were Here?

...and so on!

Have fun, it's not meant to be too serious, I'll kick things off with my first 'this' or 'that' question.