Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Timothy B. Schmit at Stars To The Rescue, Walnut Creek CA - Jan. 30 2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Timothy B. Schmit at Stars To The Rescue, Walnut Creek CA - Jan. 30 2016

Cool, obviously I could google but don't want to, prefer to flaunt my music ignorance. Sorry, Austin!

Default Re: Timothy B. Schmit at Stars To The Rescue, Walnut Creek CA - Jan. 30 2016

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    So now it's considered a "Super Bowl event"?

And I have never heard of Eric Church, why is his name before Timothy's

http://www.sfchronicle.com/entertain...ts-6772888.php
    I can't get to the page w/o subscribing, so...but a "Super Bowl Event?" What??

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I can't see it either. How can it be Superbowl related? The Superbowl is on Feb. 7th, not Jan. 30th.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I think Timothy might do it after all. There are probably people coming just to see him, and letting those people down won't bring Glenn back. Indeed, he can use it as an opportunity to do a public tribute to Glenn. A lot of these guys have a "show must go on" mentality. Glenn performed after his mother died.

That said, if Tim is too upset to perform, it is perfectly understandable.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Sorry for posting something you can't see...it came in a Google alert and I was able to read it. It's a list of events leading up to the SuperBowl that if you were to be in town, you could attend.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Sorry for posting something you can't see...it came in a Google alert and I was able to read it. It's a list of events leading up to the SuperBowl that if you were to be in town, you could attend.
    Oh, no worries! Truly appreciate your effort!!

Border Desperado

I called last week to get tickets (when I heard about it) and the event is sold out. I can be put on a waiting list for VIP $250 tickets!! I've been calling everyday hoping some reasonably priced tickets become available. I think Timothy will honor his commitment and show up. And I will keep trying to get tickets, hopefully some last minute ones will become available.

I can't imagine Timothy cancelling on the event unless there is a conflict, which is doubtful. There is no word yet on Glenn's memorial so we don't know the timeframe. Keep in mind that Timothy fulfilled his commitment for the Colorado R&R Hall of Fame with Poco in the shadow of his mother passing.
    I just need a little downtime.........

I just wish I could be there. Sigh...

I don't doubt any of the guys' ability to perform in the face of grief or during a period of intense mourning - they are professionals and can turn on and off as needed. I see the issue here as more of big picture - Glenn/Eagles/Irving/Don H./optics thing. Does Timothy's appearance at this event at this point in time fit in with how the Eagles and management are planning the next couple of weeks? I'm not under the impression that they dictate to TBS how he spends his personal time and his personal projects, but I'm sure they want to present a cohesive front at this time.

After hearing it is sold out, I'll bet he'll still do it. It is a heavy burden to bear, though, being the first one out there after Glenn's death, and it may be that he changes the running order for the night and appears on stage for a couple of songs with no other interaction..we'll see. I simply don't see him there chatting and taking photos.

WOODSTOCK! Cool! Did they tell you what VIP includes? Timmy meet and greet?!