Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan Rickman R.I.P.

Border Troubadour

Default Alan Rickman R.I.P.

Another huge blow - it seems like it's just one after another of great people dying this year already. Now the brilliant Alan Rickman who stole the show in the original Die Hard has died. He was just such a classy actor R.I.P.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Alan Rickman R.I.P.

I was also thinking that is seems like every day another favourite leaves us. This and Bowie are the biggest shocks.

Thank you Alan Rickman for your Sherriff of Nottingham, Professor Snape, the guy in Truly, Madly, Deeply and so much more.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

What?! No way. That's terrible. I'm surprised it wasn't on the news this morning. So, so sad.

I was shocked when I saw this. I didn't know he was sick. Two entertainers who died of cancer in a 4 day span.

He's such a great movie. Like everybody, I loved him as Hans Gruber in Die Hard. That's when I first heard of him. Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. But I think he will always be known for(other than Die Hard) will be Professor Snape in the Harry Potter.

There's a movie that came out in 2004 Something The Lord Made where his character and another person found the way to operate on Blue Babies. IT was a great movie.

RIP Alan.

After what's been happening with famous stars these days, I see why we've been worried about Glenn when he had surgery. I'm just glad he's ok.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 01-14-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Part of my childhood is gone. I grew up watching the Harry Potter movies (and reading the books) since I was 7. One of my fondest childhood memories is seeing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with my dad at the age of 10. Snape has always been one of my favorite HP characters, and most of it has to do with the way Alan portrayed him.

Also Hans Gruber and Sheriff of Nottingham. Parts of those movies are playing in my head as I type this.

I'm kind of shocked that no one has mentioned Quigley Down Under, in which him starred opposite Tom Selleck. Also Something the Lord Made is a great movie from what I remember of it from whrn I watched it in middle school.

RIP, to one of my favorites and one of the best actors ever. His voice was one of a kind. It waa evil, but attractive at the same time. Alan, sir, you will be greatly missed.

ETA: What is it with 3 British musicians/actors dying within 2 weeks of each other from cancer at the ages of 69 or 70? Are those 2 numbers thr new "27 club"?
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 01-14-2016 at 12:10 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Troubadour

And the consummate gentleman as Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility

Life is so unfair
    Last edited by DivineDon; 01-14-2016 at 02:16 PM.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - More shocking news about the loss of another legendary entertainer. He was such a versatile actor with far too many credits to mention - so so sad!. DD, one of my favorite roles he played was also in Sense and Sensibility. My thoughts are with his family and loved ones at this time.

R.I.P. Alan Rickman

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

That's horrible. He was a wonderful actor,and by all accounts,a wonderful human being. RIP, Good Sir.

I probably bust out my Die Hard DVD. I have it somewhere. I was watching Die Hard last month. I've been listening to David Bowie Tribute channel on IHeart Radio all week.

Alan was a good looking guy. It was something about him that scream sexiness especially Die Hard.

It just soo sad.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 01-14-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Severus Snape is gone? Damn Nagini! (RIP, Alan.)
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."