Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

That's how I felt too yesterday Soda. It's like a watershed in my life. Everything that I think about now happened either 'before' or 'After' this happened
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

It's hard to believe that it has been five months! The tears are still falling with regularity!

It's been a very hard weekend for me. Today is Father's Day. I think of his family... I knew I was still sad about Glenn (always will be) but I thought I was done literally crying over him. I guess not.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

5 months doesn't seem feasible. Father's Day is extremely hard for me each year. It's been over 9 years since I lost my dad, and it still hurts. I've thought of Glenn and his family a few times over the weekend. I've been trying to keep the tears at bay, but occasionally, I have to choke them back.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Thinking about his family on Fathers Day has brought more than a few tears.

Out on the Border

The passing of Glenn Frey has left thousands of fans with incredible sadness and despair. This one hurts, all over the world. The same age as the Eagles and as baby boomers defined by the songs written by Glenn and Don, the 1960s kids that stood up against a Vietnam War united us as a defined group with a peaceful easy feeling. The late 60s during this explosion of protest was just before the Eagles trek to California, where it all started, but caught up with each other. The Eagles music was played. All the time. Then in the late 60s to now. It was, and will always be.

A special thanks to his wife and Children, Cindy, Taylor, Brandon and Otis for
    sharing a husband, friend and father with the world. We sincerely thank you.
    To all the Eagles, Don, Tim, Joe, Bernie and Don - thank you as well. As Henley was quoted in comments regarding Glenn, he stated that the Eagles
    accomplished so much with Glenn's passionate plan. Henley was correct, the Eagles accomplished so much, and then some. We will miss it.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

So it's six months tomorrow. How time does fly and yet stand still. It's so strange. My dad died when I was 23 and I thought of him every single day -- in the beginning. But then you grow strong, you have other priorities and the "with you" moments seem to lessen every day. But that doesn't seem to be the case with Glenn. Every day is a moment of lament. Every day is a moment of sorrow because I feel so bad for him that he didn't realize his every dream. I guess I just lost, or then again, gained a lot of perspective over the last 3 or 30 years. That doesn't seem to make me feel any better. *Sigh*

HH, I too seem to feel it just as keenly today as I did just under six months ago, whenever I think about it. The difference is that lately I don't think about it as much as when it first happened. I still think about him every day, but it used to be almost constant. I'll never forget him, but I know there will come a time when I don't think about him every day anymore. I just don't know when that will be.

I do think he realized his life's dream, though. Yes, there were things he wanted to do that he didn't get a chance to do. However, he lived life to the fullest and he changed the world with his music. When he died, his band was still selling out arenas world-wide FOUR DECADES after they started. On the personal side, he was able to have a loving marriage for 25 years and three beautiful children (although of course we wish they'd had more time together). In that sense, when it came to the things that were most important, he was able to live out his biggest dreams.

I watched a clip from HOTE the other day. It was from '76. Don says "We can't do this forever" and then Glenn acts shocked. "We cant'?" They both laughed... but you know what? He did do it, right up until the end. I celebrate all he accomplished even as I mourn him, and it gives me some comfort.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    HH, I too seem to feel it just as keenly today as I did just under six months ago, whenever I think about it. The difference is that lately I don't think about it as much as when it first happened. I still think about him every day, but it used to be almost constant. I'll never forget him, but I know there will come a time when I don't think about him every day anymore. I just don't know when that will be.

I do think he realized his life's dream, though. Yes, there were things he wanted to do that he didn't get a chance to do. However, he lived life to the fullest and he changed the world with his music. When he died, his band was still selling out arenas world-wide FOUR DECADES after they started. On the personal side, he was able to have a loving marriage for 25 years and three beautiful children (although of course we wish they'd had more time together). In that sense, when it came to the things that were most important, he was able to live out his biggest dreams.

I watched a clip from HOTE the other day. It was from '76. Don says "We can't do this forever" and then Glenn acts shocked. "We cant'?" They both laughed... but you know what? He did do it, right up until the end. I celebrate all he accomplished even as I mourn him, and it gives me some comfort.
    Extremely well said Soda. I'm trying to remember all the happy memories I have of what he did, how he sounded, what he looked like, the inspiration he gave to me & so many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Extremely well said Soda. I'm trying to remember all the happy memories I have of what he did, how he sounded, what he looked like, the inspiration he gave to me & so many of us.
    I agree, FP, that this was well said by Soda. I too am trying to focus on the enjoyment that I got from his works. Still, the smallest thing that triggers a memory of him starts the tears flowing regardless of where I am. I think that I had better stop listening to After Hours while I'm driving. It easily brings the tears and then I can't see very well.