Page 28 of 92 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

I saw a tweet from TMZ get retweeted onto my timeline at just about 5PM Eastern time on Monday, if that helps at all.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

It was a little after 4:30pm my time (I'm on Central Time) when I saw the news on my newsfeed. I was on my computer at that moment when I notice that. I was waiting for it to trend on the side to see if it was true. Then I saw the statement posted a few minutes after I heard. He probably just died when they posted the news.

I have to share what just happened to me.

I just got home from church and I was listening to the Live in Dublin on my phone as I was heading home. I had just finished listening to New Kid In Town (this song will always be hard to listen to since this is my favorite) and listen to half of The One You Love before I exit my car.

So I was thinking about Glenn at that moment as I was entering my house. As I was putting my purse down, my purse hit the on button on my radio/cd player sitting in the corner. When my radio came on, at that moment they were playing Already Gone. I had to laugh and cry a little. Talk about conciendence(SP?). I was thinking about Glenn not knowing they were playing an Eagles song at that moment and my radio came on by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    I saw a tweet from TMZ get retweeted onto my timeline at just about 5PM Eastern time on Monday, if that helps at all.
    I think that was the article I saw on my newsfeed talking about Glenn had died. Then I saw a post from Jack Tempchin.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Here's a short article in which a dad who's son went to the same school as one of Glenn's sons talks about his acquaintance with Glenn. It's a small glimpse of the dad behind the rockstar.
    http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainme...icle-1.2503748
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

It was 9 am (ADST) my time. It must literally have just happened at 5pm EST.

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    None of the articles I've read have listed the exact time, but it had to be sometime before 6 pm EST (eastern standard time) because that's when my mom called me because she saw it on Facebook(NBC Nightly news).

ETA: NBC Nightly news posted it at 5:36 pm. That's the earliest article I've seen.

I am Guns n Roses fan which must be funny to some of you guys here but i am part of a website called gnr truth and someone posted there all i saw was a a thread title saying Eagles guitarist glenn frey dead. I was shocked and went to facebook and Ed king of Lynyrd skynyrd who retweeted and i broke down even though I used to be a felder sider if thats appropiate but the news just hit me really hard i never expected it to be this sad. it was around 5:30 est.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I wonder if they (Cindy, the kids, and the band) may have already prepared the statement beforehand. Since they knew that the end was likely near (), they may have came with it before Glenn died.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Out on the Border AftertheThrill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I wonder if they (Cindy, the kids, and the band) may have already prepared the statement beforehand. Since they knew that the end was likely near (), they may have came with it before Glenn died.
    I've wondered the same thing.

This video probably has been posted before, but I found this. Glenn was such a happy dad. Deacon has a nice voice. He's a chip off the old block. I know I saw pictures of Glenn and Deacon, but I've never seen a video of them together.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9c3CfXEF1g[/ame]