Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Border Rebel

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by anne_m View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been reading this forum ever since I finally got to see them live in 2014 =] it was such a great experience for me. I'm only 22 and I love the Eagles. As I was growing up, my parents would play their music often and I grew to love them. We also watched their concert dvds often and bonded through that. I love listening to their songs, they never get old! Anyways, the news of Glenn's passing is still so sad. I've been listening to their songs soooo much more lately. I'm thankful for the music he shared with us all...and for this forum =]
    Anne, it's so good to see you and other young people express your sorrow at Glenn's death. It's great that the Eagles' music has touched so many generations. I think Glenn would have loved to read those tributes.

My son is 22, and he and I have bonded over the Eagles as well. He used to complain about their music when he was younger, but he grew to love it. I'm so glad he got to see them twice in concert. It's sad that we'll never go to another Eagles concert together.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I don't get putting Glenn on Wikipedia as a "former member", especially since, right now, the band's fate remains unknown. (Though, most of us know what will probably happen).
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4EverFan View Post
    I thought about that too. And for Alan Rickman, David Bowie, and Rene Angelil and their families who knew their cancer was accelerating.

What I'm trying to remember is when Glenn first had intestinal surgery. Wasn't it in the mid 90's? Was it ever revealed what it was for?
    I believe that Glenn first had surgery around 1989, which is why he didn't tour behind Soul Searchin'. He then had surgery again in 1994. I assumed that it for diverticulitis, but I may be wrong.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Banned

My condolences to all the super Glenn Frey fans.

I heard the awful news as the lead item on a BBC news bulletin within an hour of Glenn's death being announced.

I thought they were tempting fate, postponing the Kennedy Center Honor for 12 months but it's still a huge shock to lose our first Eagle, especially Glenn.

Only a handful of years ago he was telling us that both his parents were still alive to enjoy his After Hours album.

Unlike Lemmy and David Bowie, I thought the Eagles were pretty anonymous here in the UK but this week, at least, Glenn is getting the attention he's always deserved....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/mostviewed.

It's a delight tinged with great sadness, to listen to all the various tributes, along with the wonderful. Eagles and solo music that Glenn offered us.

I was touched by Jackson Browne's tribute, and decided to go see him next week. I hope it will be an uplifting experience.
    "a full refund...in dollars and in karma"

Love Jackson Browne! Where are you and your wife seeing him?

He toured here in 2014, and we saw him (same year as the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen--not to be repeated--or afforded)

He was and is great! I loved his tribute to Glenn, also. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    My condolences to all the super Glenn Frey fans.

I heard the awful news as the lead item on a BBC news bulletin within an hour of Glenn's death being announced.

I thought they were tempting fate, postponing the Kennedy Center Honor for 12 months but it's still a huge shock to lose our first Eagle, especially Glenn.

Only a handful of years ago he was telling us that both his parents were still alive to enjoy his After Hours album.

Unlike Lemmy and David Bowie, I thought the Eagles were pretty anonymous here in the UK but this week, at least, Glenn is getting the attention he's always deserved....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/mostviewed.

It's a delight tinged with great sadness, to listen to all the various tributes, along with the wonderful. Eagles and solo music that Glenn offered us.
    I know what you mean I was writing a blog post on Dale Griffin for my 70s blog, looked at some articles for research on him and saw it in the sidebar, hit me like a sledgehammer as I thought for years Henley and Frey didnt look their age compared to other 70s artists and were probably in great shape with all this touring. It's such an empty feeling because I listen to him no exaggeration everyday for the past four years. The phrase that entered my mind was that the ride is over considering all the journey and on the road references in their music. Was thinking of writing a song called The Ride is Over for Glenn on my acoustic guitar as a tribute
    Last edited by OntheBorder74; 01-24-2016 at 02:31 PM.
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by deb828 View Post
    Love Jackson Browne! Where are you and your wife seeing him?

He toured here in 2014, and we saw him (same year as the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen--not to be repeated--or afforded)

He was and is great! I loved his tribute to Glenn, also. Have fun!
    Thanks, Deb. Virginia Beach, Friday. You mentioned Springsteen, hell of a tribute, especially when the violinist joined in.
    "a full refund...in dollars and in karma"

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Last night, I finally tried to watch something other than Glenn or Bowie related and it was a back Christmas episode and I started to cry because Glenn didn't really get to have a Christmas. He was probably in a coma at the time. one of the characters also said something about "soul searching" and my mind went to Glenn again.
    Yesterday had been a less tearful day... I thought I was getting better.
    I've already cried a little bit today after catching up on some posts here.
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border

I don't know if we need a separate topic about people's grieving process.

My mother said to me yesterday that grief is a private process & not a competition & that I have to manage it in my own way, which I am doing, but it means I can't write as much as others have been doing.

I am using this avatar this week as it was the first avatar I ever used on a message board.