Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Yeah, I've dialed down my posting about Glenn on social media as well. Most of my friends on sites like FB and Twitter are more than ready for me to "get over it."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I'm now in what I call the "resentment stage". It's when everyone starts to get on with their lives and I begin to resent it. I know it's perfectly normal - it's the same as resenting your in-laws because they're still alive and your parents aren't. It's partly triggered by hearing that Joe and Don have plans for future shows and it sinks in that there will never be any more news for Glenn. The best we can hope for a mention in interviews when former members are promoting their tours, or possibly a new song dedicated to him. Or if we're really, really lucky, maybe something will be released from the vaults.

After a death, the first few weeks are quite exciting as well as being very sad. There are new sensations, an intense focus on the person who has died and the people who were close. And then it's over and as Bernie put it, "we who must remain go on living just the same."
    UTW, this is me. Thank you. This is exactly where I am at the moment. It is horrible. It's just a feeling of emptiness.

I can look at photos of Glenn by himself, but I find it very hard looking at photos of him with the other Eagles.

My posting about Glenn on social media has slowed down a lot (man my Twitter was depressing in the ~three weeks or so after he passed). I still find little things to post about, though, and I try to make them little happy reminders of how great he was.

I think I'm in that resentment stage, too. It's just weird to think of things moving forward in the world without Glenn here.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I'm now in what I call the "resentment stage". It's when everyone starts to get on with their lives and I begin to resent it. I know it's perfectly normal - it's the same as resenting your in-laws because they're still alive and your parents aren't. It's partly triggered by hearing that Joe and Don have plans for future shows and it sinks in that there will never be any more news for Glenn. The best we can hope for a mention in interviews when former members are promoting their tours, or possibly a new song dedicated to him. Or if we're really, really lucky, maybe something will be released from the vaults.

After a death, the first few weeks are quite exciting as well as being very sad. There are new sensations, an intense focus on the person who has died and the people who were close. And then it's over and as Bernie put it, "we who must remain go on living just the same."
    I hear you, UtW. I am beginning to feel way that as well. At the same time I think I am going further into denial. Now I watch videos of Glenn & listen to his music & in my mind he is still here. While I watch or listen I'm not sad. I'm not thinking of him being gone. This happened while I watched Part 1 of HotE Friday night. Other than a horrible feeling for a moment when Glenn first came on the screen, I was able to stay in the moment & enjoy it. Maybe this is just a sub conscious coping mechanism? Now I feel guilty for not experiencing pain while I watch or listen.

There is a tendency to compare the way we're handling our grief with others here. We shouldn't do that. Grief is a personal thing, and everybody is different.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I'm always searching..new pictures, videos, comments....etc...I know that soon, much too soon..there'll be nothing new to find...there will be no new google alerts...and that scares me so much...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

One of my favorite local classic rock stations is having a tribute show for Glenn this Saturday night! They will be playing his songs, taking requests, and talking about Glenn! I'll be listening!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That's great news, Brooke. I wish we had radio stations like that in South Africa.

I am doing okay with regards to Glenn having left us, but I will always mourn him. I still mourn Elvis and he has been gone for almost 39 years! I carry on with my life, as I need to keep my eye on the ball. There are many big things happening in my life right now, so I can't afford to get negative.

I've picked up a head cold with all the stress of the last two months, so I need to look after myself now. I think Glenn would've wanted all of us to look after ourselves.

However, having said that, I totally understand the feelings expressed here in this thread. It makes me sad that some of you are still feeling so sad, angry or resentful. It's all part of grief. I experienced anger too, and resentment, but I guess each phase didn't last very long. I've been trying to think about the joy that Glenn gave me in his lifetime, and the joy that his music will continue to give me long after he has gone. I have my moments, though, where something triggers tears. When I listened to Jack Tempchin's song for Glenn , I wept.

PM made a good point about each person grieving is his/her own way. We shouldn't compare. I feel that each person should grieve for as long as they feel is good for them. Anyway one looks at it, the feelings need to be processed. It is not good to suppress them, because they will come out in some way, shape or form.

Strength to you all.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    I'm always searching..new pictures, videos, comments....etc...I know that soon, much too soon..there'll be nothing new to find...there will be no new google alerts...and that scares me so much...
    you too?

it's a kick in the heart every time I do.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I honestly don't know what stage I'm in. Denial, probably. I honestly sometimes forget that he is gone. Like Mrs. Frey, I have big things happening in my life, between the medical/ health problems and starting college, so I have to try and stay positive. For me, that in and of itself is hard, but I'm trying. I think that Glenn's death has made all of us stop and think about life. I'm trying to let his quote "I'm too busy livin' to think about dying" become my life saying. One positive thing is that Glenn is finally able to put a smile on my face again.

I'm not upset at Joe and Don for doing things because the events they're doing now have been for good causes, and the shows are later on in the year. They're not immediately going on tour.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time