Page 45 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

I just noticed that Soda has changed the description of the subforum for Glenn. It reminds me of the Phil Collins song, You'll Be In My Heart.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I do love that song of Phil's!!! When I heard Take It Easy and New Kid In Town (at my work) I was about ready to lose it!!! I feel like I can't function!! When I first heard of the Eagles, I was about 4 years old in the early 90's! My parents used to play them all the time and that gave me a very "Peaceful Easy Feeling"! I loved Glenn's voice sooo much and started just to listen to his music!! I need their music to comfort me for sure!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

I read somewhere last night that CNN is running HOTE tonight at 8:00 PM. Can't find the link today.

That's true. Its on at 8:00pm Eastern/7:00 Central. Of course they will probably beep out the cussing and nudity. I would be never surprise if they didn't.

Showtime is also showing it at 6:00pm Eastern/5:00pm Central and again on Showtime West at 9:00pm Eastern/8:00 Central.

I will re-record it on Showtime and delete my old one from my dvr.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawman13 View Post
    At least Glenn is in another place where he doesn't hurt anymore!!!!
    That's what I held onto when my father died: "he's not suffering anymore." It helped my brother and I get through it. My Dad was in pain and struggling for breath - I never want to see someone I love suffer again. Now he's free.

Grief is a process that you move through. The first week or so, your goals are modest: to survive the experience. With time, the load gets lighter.

Hopefully, Glenn's family is getting a lot of emotional support. My heart goes out to people who loved Glenn and are grieving him alone - as many have said here, some people just don't get it.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That's what I held onto when my father died: "he's not suffering anymore." It helped my brother and I get through it. My Dad was in pain and struggling for breath - I never want to see someone I love suffer again. Now he's free.

Grief is a process that you move through. The first week or so, your goals are modest: to survive the experience. With time, the load gets lighter.

Hopefully, Glenn's family is getting a lot of emotional support. My heart goes out to people who loved Glenn and are grieving him alone - as many have said here, some people just don't get it.
    That's the same way that I was with my dad. He suffered horribly for the last almost 4 weeks of his life. He was on life support with a machine doing almost all of his breathing for him. My mom and brother had to make the heartbreaking decision to pull the plug. I'll never forget "telling" my dad goodbye forever the day before they ended life support. It was beyond horrible to see all of the machines that he was hooked up to. Plus, he didn't look like the dad I knew. It's hard to take. You're glad that they're not suffering anymore, but you desperately want them to still be here.

It does take time. I hated hearing that for the first couple of months afterwards, but it is true. I didn't fully understand everything then, being so young, but I do now.

Emotional support is the best support at a time like this, to have someone there who you can talk to, who is understanding. As I said before, my thoughts and prayers go out to Cindy, Taylor, Deacon, Otis, Don, Joe, Tim and the rest of Glenn's friends and family.

One thing that I learned the hard way is to just let the grief flow. Don't bottle it up inside. It honestly does more harm than good.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

GA and I were talking and we're thinking of doing a video chat with History of the Eagles in about an hour (5:00 pm EST) to relive some Glenn memories. It's an informal thing. Anyone is welcome to join in, whether you're watching the DVD or not. I realize it's short notice but we want to get it in before she goes to bed over in Ireland. We can always do another one later if folks want to.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yeah my earlier post was from a position of wanting to appreciate his works in a way I hadnt seen at all in the tributes, but ive been a mix of emotions going through many stages. But feel like Ive reached a positive place now.

All I know is I will forever be grateful to Glenn for his songs steered me through some depressing years and made me want to try again when I couldve just receded. No critic can cahnge that debt I feel to him.
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I thought Lefsetz's piece meant well. Perhaps he overplayed the nostalgia part of it but sometimes I think he isn't overplaying how disliked the band was....every forum I'm on there is always someone putting down the band and quoting that stupid quote from The Big Lebowski....

That said, the fans the band does have are probably the best fans to have - passionate, loyal, and multi-generational.

To say they were in any way a band for people from the 70s to remember the 70s sells them short. Yes they were the soundtrack to many people's lives from that time frame, but they can be just as easily the soundtrack to my life in 2016.

I really like Bob Lefsetz (partially because he calls it like it is when it comes to his dislike for Taylor Swift, who I can't stand lol).

I just think he had a viewpoint that isn't 100 percent accurate in this case, or is perhaps close-minded.

Joe's comment was beautiful, as was Bernie's and both Don's. Not sure if TBS has commented yet.
    He meant well, yes. But to go on & on about the dislike of the band was unnecessary & insensitive. He had a chance to pay tribute to a man, and he failed to do so. All he could manage were a couple of platitudes about Glenn being successful.

As for grieving I just heard Most Of Us Are Sad, which Bernie quoted. Did it tip me over? No. I can't do it. I am getting more angry & frustrated with myself. I feel I am letting Glenn down. There can be no comparisons of how much his fans loved him, but I thought I was close to the top. I hear what you say, AG, but I CAN'T let it flow.

My father died in December 1987 of cancer at only 54. When it happened it was more a horrible relief. Perhaps this is the same.

I desperately hope that he was able to say goodbye to his family.

Out on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Yes, it does seem surreal. I keep hoping that it's just a horrible nightmare, and I'll wake up soon, but I know that it's reality.

We've been talking about how Don must be feeling, but what about Joe? He and Glenn were very close, too. Glenn helped to save Joe's life by pushing to get sober for a reunited Eagles.

Greg, most of us who are just fans can barely talk listening to Glenn's music. I can't imagine getting up on stage, playing and singing it.
    We do the Eagles Circle before every show, and this time I led a prayer of thanks and just asked for the ability to get through it. It was tough at times, but I really think Glenn's spirit was with us.