Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Molly, I am so sorry for your loss. Allow yourself to grieve. I am sure it was very hard to see your mom suffering from such a terrible disease for so long. I also have not been on here for a long time. I am remembering now what a wonderful group of people this is. We need each other right now.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Molly, so glad to hear from you here. Im sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

And yes, all we can really do is live on.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    I haven't been here on the Border in a very long time. Life got in the way, I suppose. I hate, hate HATE that Glenn's passing is the reason I found my way back.

I buried my mom on Friday, January 15th after a long 10 year battle with Alzheimer's and heart disease. It came as sort of a relief that she went, and I take immense comfort knowing she's with my son now. People were commenting on how strong I was, and how well I was "holding it together" - but Monday afternoon, getting the news of Glenn's passing just did me in. My legs literally gave out and I sat and cried for an hour straight.

So much has changed in such a short time. So many people I love gone.

Glenn's music has been such a source of solace for me the last couple of years, and it seems so unfair that listening to it now is so painful. But, I certainly keenly aware that time heals. Every day, I feel like listening to music again, feel like talking about it more.

The world has changed for me a lot in the past 2 years, as it has changed for all of us here this past week. We'll never get "over it" - we'll all just learn to live with it....more so, we'll begin to celebrate and be grateful for what we had.
    oh wow. I am so sorry. I too have lost my mom for those exact same reasons. 2014 was a bad year. I can so relate. it hurt SO BAD when David Bowie went. I cried for 2 days. and now Glenn. i'm still asking myself a week later is it really true? but the only thing I can say when we lose someone special is that it gets easier. again I'm so very sorry for your loss.

oh I am so sorry

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I'm so sorry for sure!! Always hard to lose family members!! I was crying soooo hard when my dad's uncle died 'cause he was close to me! And I was a senior in high school!

Time sure does heal all wounds, but when it's someone who has changed your life for the best, doesn't heal so fast!! I will always cherish the memories we have of our Glenn!! His music (and of course the Eagles) changed my life forever!! It's like losing a best friend!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    I haven't been here on the Border in a very long time. Life got in the way, I suppose. I hate, hate HATE that Glenn's passing is the reason I found my way back.

I buried my mom on Friday, January 15th after a long 10 year battle with Alzheimer's and heart disease. It came as sort of a relief that she went, and I take immense comfort knowing she's with my son now. People were commenting on how strong I was, and how well I was "holding it together" - but Monday afternoon, getting the news of Glenn's passing just did me in. My legs literally gave out and I sat and cried for an hour straight.

So much has changed in such a short time. So many people I love gone.

Glenn's music has been such a source of solace for me the last couple of years, and it seems so unfair that listening to it now is so painful. But, I certainly keenly aware that time heals. Every day, I feel like listening to music again, feel like talking about it more.

The world has changed for me a lot in the past 2 years, as it has changed for all of us here this past week. We'll never get "over it" - we'll all just learn to live with it....more so, we'll begin to celebrate and be grateful for what we had.
    I know how difficult your life has been recently & I am with you in spririt. Thank you for sharing this with us, Molly.

Crohn's is the cousin to Colitis

I have been worried about the meds I take. I have remicaide with solucorteff every 5 weeks. It is a chemical therapy so in a sense, yes I am taking chemo. have been for 7 years. I have a cough I can't get rid of sometimes I cough up tints of blood. (I was a former smoker and have not smoked in over 2 years. I do have to use an inhaler now and never had to before.

With all the information about the meds Glenn was taking makes me worried that my chemo every 5 weeks is going to cause issues soon. I am going to be 50 this year. makes me a little scared

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I'm so sorry SC!! That would be very scary for sure!!! I just hope that doesn't 'cause you any more issues. Take good care of yourself

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

my doctor is an avid Eagles fan so when I go for my next appointment we are going to have a visit about all of this

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    I would love a DVD of the tour.

I have always wanted that new arrangement of Witchy Woman

I have been thinking about how Glenn and his family had a horrid Christmas too and possibly his birthday
    I so agree SC..that arrangement of Witchy Woman with the more prominent drum was awesome.