Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I would imagine it is still being planned. The funeral is probably still being planned. Unfortunately these things take time.
    Just as a side note: In America they do. In other countries like Brazil, which im familiar with, funerals are held same day in most cases or next day if death happens late in the day or evening. Ive always been perplexed at how in the States funerals take days to happen. I almost feel that its evolved that way in the States to benefit business (Funeral Homes, Florists etc etc) more than anything. My Mother died in Brazil at 1PM. Her funeral was at 6PM that same day.

PS: I had no clue that both Bowie and Frey lived next door in New York.

Well I spent most of today in the hospital. I have epilepsy, and thus I have to be careful because seizures can get triggered if I don't take care of myself. Still, these last two days, I haven't been eating or sleeping much, I've been having bouts of hysterical crying and bouts of numbness where I just stare at nothing in silence. Finally, the stress took its toll. This morning, I had a seizure in front of my apartment complex and I got taken to the hospital. I'm OK now except for a scratch near my eye and a horrible headache, but I do need to find a way to cope better. This thread has been really helping me.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Oh my gosh, Soda. I'm glad that you're ok (for the most part), but please, take care of yourself.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for the links, guys.

This memorial Azoff speaks of... if it's open to the public, I will be there. I will tell them at work that I am going to a memorial service for a loved one, and it will be the absolute truth.
    I wish I could be there..feel so isolated in Australia....

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well I spent most of today in the hospital. I have epilepsy, and thus I have to be careful because seizures can get triggered if I don't take care of myself. Still, these last two days, I haven't been eating or sleeping much, I've been having bouts of hysterical crying and bouts of numbness where I just stare at nothing in silence. Finally, the stress took its toll. This morning, I had a seizure in front of my apartment complex and I got taken to the hospital. I'm OK now except for a scratch near my eye and a horrible headache, but I do need to find a way to cope better. This thread has been really helping me.
    How Frightening that must be. I'm so happy that you are back home and ok. You were missed. Take good care.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Border Troubadour

Take care, Soda we all feel your pain over Glenn.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Angry Re: Glenn Frey has died

I'm a Eaglesfans from China,last weekend I registered in this forum.Before that I listened the Eagles songs for several years,their songs deeply moved me,when I knew Glenn Frey had to fly,I was in deep sorrow,they went to China in 2011 and I didn't come to the concert,for I didn't know them at that time,if only I had known them earlier.Now in our city is raining,it's just as terrible as I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesCN View Post
    I'm a Eaglesfans from China,last weekend I registered in this forum.Before that I listened the Eagles songs for several years,their songs deeply moved me,when I knew Glenn Frey had to fly,I was in deep sorrow,they went to China in 2011 and I didn't come to the concert,for I didn't know them at that time,if only I had known them earlier.Now in our city is raining,it's just as terrible as I am now.
    Well said EaglesCN....we all feel those tears....

My friend posted this on Facebook and I thought it was really nice. It's about Glenn and his first forays into playing live with his band in high school in 1966.

http://www.dailytribune.com/general-...with-an-18-gig

ETA: Soda, I know it's hard at the moment, but try to take care of yourself and you too GA! We are all thinking of you, GA and all the devoted Glenn fans.
    It will get easier. .........
    Last edited by L101; 01-21-2016 at 08:09 AM.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

take care soda