Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

At least Glenn is in another place where he doesn't hurt anymore!!!! I will miss him soo much and his music is awesome!!! Love Glenn like no one else!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Just discovered HOTE is on Netflix. Debating on whether to watch it or not though I did add it to my list...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawman13 View Post
    At least Glenn is in another place where he doesn't hurt anymore!!!!
    That's what I held onto when my father died: "he's not suffering anymore." It helped my brother and I get through it. My Dad was in pain and struggling for breath - I never want to see someone I love suffer again. Now he's free.

Grief is a process that you move through. The first week or so, your goals are modest: to survive the experience. With time, the load gets lighter.

Hopefully, Glenn's family is getting a lot of emotional support. My heart goes out to people who loved Glenn and are grieving him alone - as many have said here, some people just don't get it.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That's what I held onto when my father died: "he's not suffering anymore." It helped my brother and I get through it. My Dad was in pain and struggling for breath - I never want to see someone I love suffer again. Now he's free.

Grief is a process that you move through. The first week or so, your goals are modest: to survive the experience. With time, the load gets lighter.

Hopefully, Glenn's family is getting a lot of emotional support. My heart goes out to people who loved Glenn and are grieving him alone - as many have said here, some people just don't get it.
    That's the same way that I was with my dad. He suffered horribly for the last almost 4 weeks of his life. He was on life support with a machine doing almost all of his breathing for him. My mom and brother had to make the heartbreaking decision to pull the plug. I'll never forget "telling" my dad goodbye forever the day before they ended life support. It was beyond horrible to see all of the machines that he was hooked up to. Plus, he didn't look like the dad I knew. It's hard to take. You're glad that they're not suffering anymore, but you desperately want them to still be here.

It does take time. I hated hearing that for the first couple of months afterwards, but it is true. I didn't fully understand everything then, being so young, but I do now.

Emotional support is the best support at a time like this, to have someone there who you can talk to, who is understanding. As I said before, my thoughts and prayers go out to Cindy, Taylor, Deacon, Otis, Don, Joe, Tim and the rest of Glenn's friends and family.

One thing that I learned the hard way is to just let the grief flow. Don't bottle it up inside. It honestly does more harm than good.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

GA and I were talking and we're thinking of doing a video chat with History of the Eagles in about an hour (5:00 pm EST) to relive some Glenn memories. It's an informal thing. Anyone is welcome to join in, whether you're watching the DVD or not. I realize it's short notice but we want to get it in before she goes to bed over in Ireland. We can always do another one later if folks want to.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yeah my earlier post was from a position of wanting to appreciate his works in a way I hadnt seen at all in the tributes, but ive been a mix of emotions going through many stages. But feel like Ive reached a positive place now.

All I know is I will forever be grateful to Glenn for his songs steered me through some depressing years and made me want to try again when I couldve just receded. No critic can cahnge that debt I feel to him.
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes