Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

As much as my heart aches, I know it is nothing compared to what his family must be feeling. I've been praying for his father, his brothers, his wife, his children, his close friends.

I hope he knew just how much we loved him, and I too hope that love pouring out from around the world gives his family some comfort.

I agree with Tori that we should feel no shame in our grief. Maybe other people don't understand because they don't connect as deeply as we do. That's their loss. The deep connection I felt with Glenn's music and with Glenn enriched my life incredibly. I'm sorry that those people will never experience that.

It's all for you, Glenn.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I have to say I don't sign on to this site to post very often but I always like to check in to see what articles, concerts, games etc. that you have going on for the Eagles.

I was a child in 70's and I remember hearing all the Eagles music on the radio. My particular favorite and one I have a vivid memory of is New Kid In Town. I remember sitting in the back seat of my Mom's Rambler hearing that on the radio. Just recently I discovered that one of my Mom's favorite bands is The Eagles. We spent a lengthy car ride last year to my sister's listening to their greatest hits.

When I heard a documentary was coming out I figured I'd buy a book to read up on them. I chose Felders book but not knowing anything about the band at all. It didn't jade my opinion of Glenn or Don. Once I saw the doc I needed all the info I could find on the Eagles and stumbled upon this web site.

My vague knowledge before that I thought Timothy B. Schmidt was a founding member!! Imagine my surprise. I knew Glenn Frey from his 80's solo hits but never associated him with The Eagles back then. Since my new thirst for knowledge of the Eagles Glenn has come to be my favorite band member. No offense to the other band members.

I was driving in my car and Smugglers Blues came on. I usually don't care to listen to that song but something made me keep it on. Right after the song ended the DJ announced Glenn's passing. I was in shock! When they mentioned lengthy recovery I was thinking maybe he had cancer and maybe he could beat it. I feel so bad.

THANK YOU for creating this site and allowing all large and small Eagles fans to converse and unfortunately this week comfort each other in our time of mourning.

I read something on Facebook recently right after Bowie died.

Why we grieve for artists we never met. We don't cry because we knew them. We cry because they helped us know ourselves.

Always and forever an Eagles fan

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

amen, Soda!

The Winslow memorial is growing. I hope that wherever Glenn is now, he can see it and know how much he meant (and still means) to his fans.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Thankfully, my husband and daughter handled my tears pretty well yesterday. My daughter and her boyfriend were on their way out to eat and asked if my husband and I would like to go along to help me feel better. We did, and I ordered a tequila sunrise in Glenn's honor. My daughter's boyfriend even suggested I get a second so it could be "another tequila sunrise." I didn't, but I loved him for the thought.

This morning, as I was driving to work in my non-dress-code Hotel California t-shirt, I came around a corner into a brilliant, cloud-streaked sunrise with Tequila Sunrise playing in tribute on the radio. The moment made me smile.

I hope you all can reach a point of smiling through your tears and I wish peace to each of you here. I'm so thankful we have each other to share this with.

I just happened to notice Glenn's birthday thread from last year. All of us saying that we wish Glenn a speedy recovery and the best, and that we hoped to see him rocking again soon. Ouch. To now know what he was actually going through during that time hurts like I don't know what. At that time, we all assumed that Glenn would have the surgery and be back in action sometime soon. I'm not gonna hold back these tears.
    -Kim-

This morning, as I was driving to work in my non-dress-code Hotel California t-shirt, I came around a corner into a brilliant, cloud-streaked sunrise with Tequila Sunrise playing in tribute on the radio. The moment made me smile.
    Hold on tight to that experience, Windeagle. Maybe it's Glenn's way of saying he's waiting for all of us to arrive for his debut in that vast arena in the sky.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    As much as my heart aches, I know it is nothing compared to what his family must be feeling. I've been praying for his father, his brothers, his wife, his children, his close friends.

I hope he knew just how much we loved him, and I too hope that love pouring out from around the world gives his family some comfort.

I agree with Tori that we should feel no shame in our grief. Maybe other people don't understand because they don't connect as deeply as we do. That's their loss. The deep connection I felt with Glenn's music and with Glenn enriched my life incredibly. I'm sorry that those people will never experience that.

It's all for you, Glenn.
    I almost forgot about Mr. Frey. I know this has to be really hard on him. He lost his wife almost 2 years ago and now Glenn. Its always hard on a parent to see their children go before them.

I had to do a post on my facebook page. I wasn't going to apologize for posting about Glenn non stop today and probably for a while. A lot of my friends were very supportive. When they first heard about Glenn, they thought of me. I did have somebody unfriend me. I have no idea who it was, but I didn't care. I guess they were sick and tired of seeing my post on Glenn. Like I said in my post on facebook. I've never complain about any of them posting about food, pets, other people or family pictures. Never complain.

I've posted or shared 19 different things about Glenn on Facebook. After about the 6th one, I said something like "sorry if I'm going overboard, but this has hit me hard". My friends understand, for the most part.

I also forgot about Glenn's dad. I can't imagine what he's going through.
    -Kim-

I haven't been on here in awhile but just had to say how sad and sorry about Glenn. Really unbelievable. The Eagles were the soundtrack of many of our lives. Now we are missing one who is gone far too soon. I was in shock yesterday as most of you were. Glenn will be missed but the great legacy of the Eagles and his music lives on. Prayers for his family.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I just don't understand how it could have gone so bad between July and October/November. Glenn must not have been feeling well on tour - poor baby, and everyone kept commenting how he had a cold!! I think he probably sacrificed his health for the 2nd year of the HOTE tour.