Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

Where did you hear that, jms? I need all the info I can get. People are asking me questions via email and I want to give the right information.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I'm so very sorry that our fellow Border members are hurting now. I wish there was something we could do to take the pain away. Nancy and Kim, I thought of you especially, soon after the complete shock of hearing about Glenn on the evening news last night.

At least we can share our feelings here with each other, with people who understand Glenn was more than "just a singer."

Stuck on the Border

I visited the official facebook for the band and there were more than 67,000 comments against the post.

Soda, you've invested so much of your time and effort over the last ten years supporting this man and his contributions. You are allowed to grieve. We all are. He touched us and we can be thankful for that. What's so great about pretending we don't care? We are allowed to cry over films or books, so why not when one of our heroes leaves us?

I don't know how much of it is empathy and how much is the reminder of the mortality of ourselves and people around us. It may be that we associate him with a time when we were young and bulletproof and we've now lost some of that innocence.

Usually when I can't sleep, I turn to After Hours but last night I just couldn't. I played some of the news videos and realised my foot was tapping along with the songs. It seems I can take the upbeat songs, but not the more intimate crooning. At least for now.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm still struggling to process this as reality.

I've lost my beloved parents and a few other family members over the past few years. This must be real because it kinda feels a lot like that.

Of course, I'll write more over the coming days as I come to terms with this.
    For now, my heart aches for Glenn's family, band members, friends, and fans all over the globe.

R.I.P. our amazing troubadour.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Soda, I think it's possible that you did have a genuine connection with Glenn in your dream. Someone close to me has premonition dreams, so I know that this stuff happens. But why you? Maybe he wanted to send a message to Eagles fans through you. I'm not saying that this happened, but it's entirely possible.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I'm so very sorry that our fellow Border members are hurting now. I wish there was something we could do to take the pain away. Nancy and Kim, I thought of you especially, soon after the complete shock of hearing about Glenn on the evening news last night.

At least we can share our feelings here with each other, with people who understand Glenn was more than "just a singer."

Thanks so much for your PM last night, NMB. It really means alot. Tbh, I haven't felt like this since my own dad died. I feel like there's a huge hole in my heart. My uncle understood more. He even recorded several of the memorials on tv for me this morning. I tried watching the Live in Dublin dvd last night, but I ended up crying too much to enjoy it. I can barely eat myself(gonna try to eat lunch soon). Not being able to access the border from about 9:30 last night until 7 this morning didn't help. I can take looking at photos, and so that's what I'm doing for the time being.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Out on the Border

I am stunned and numb. I have been a fan for 44 years, since I first heard Take it Easy at the age of 11 or twelve. I was blessed to see their first show at the Santa Monica Civic and dozens after that, until their final show (for me) in Charlotte, NC a couple of years ago. There are no words that can describe the completeness of their music in my life, except to say it is my soundtrack. I have always felt that their music was my personal gift from God, and I know that millions of others feel the very same way. Our hearts are heavy and broken, that this beautiful voice both written and vocal has been silenced. My deepest sympathies and prayers for comfort for his family, friends and brothers in music. I know how much he will be missed in this world, just multiply my sorrow by millions. Rest in peace Glenn, and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Where did you hear that, jms? I need all the info I can get. People are asking me questions via email and I want to give the right information.

No problem. I read this last night on my phone. I read 3 stories & had to remember which one had that story. I had to give up after 3 because it just hurt too much. Yesterday was my birthday too. I am offically changing it to July 18th.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...118-story.html

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    (Not jms but) it's in an Associate Press story, so will have been on a newspaper site. Here's one link.
    Also check the comments from Bob Seger in The Detroit Free Press.
    ETA: The Detroit Free Press Story has been updated with a lot more from Bob, so even if you read it earlier, you should revisit.
    http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...ader/78984718/

Out on the Border

Fought it for the last 18 hours, but finally just broke down. Bawled like a baby. Glenn seemed to be the most versatile Eagle in terms of living life to its fullest. So full of life. Cannot bear the thought of how sad and tragic his last days must have been. Still doesn't seem real.